ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu May 13, 2021 2:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Selling an Ithaca
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:49 pm 
Presentation Grade

I am seriously considering selling my Ithaca I bought in 2019. There is nothing wrong with it, I just have not used it like I was hoping I would. I am an odd one and hate to have guns unused when it should be getting lead sent down the barrel. If I don't use them, I typically move them along.

My question is, since Ithaca isn't a high volume firearms brand, how would you suggest to be the best way to sell it? It is my Hogslayer with easily less than 50 rounds though it. I just don't know if those are high enough of demand to find a good market easily.

Does the SGW classifieds work well for an Ithaca or should I just go with GBroker? I am curious as to your thoughts.

Thank you.

Post subject: Re: Selling an Ithaca
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:21 pm 
Crown Grade

Gunbroker is a good place to start. You can list it for no charge and see what it brings. Set the reserve high enough and if it doesn’t sell you can at least see what the highest bid was. Either adjust your price on the next go around or use the high bid as your starting point here. That all depends on whether you’re happy with the info you get. Guns.com buys guns and pays pretty well in my experience. They send you an offer which you can accept or decline. This is a good time to sell. You’ll probably get more than you paid for the gun depending on the route you choose. Others here probably have recommendations that would also work.
Good luck!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:21 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I’ve sold a couple of Ithaca shotguns through the classifieds here. My sense is that readers here are more knowledgeable about Ithacas than readers of other sites are likely to be. It doesn’t cost anything to sell here, so you might as well try. If it doesn’t pan out, you can always list it on Gunbroker.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:35 am 
Tournament Grade

PM sent