ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun May 09, 2021 8:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Super X1 release trigger worth ?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:58 pm 
Presentation Grade

Anyone know what the going rate for a release trigger is ? One of our club members has one but neither one of us knows the price. I don't need it but I did shoot well trying it out, maybe it could come in handy down the road.

Thanks

RNR

Post subject: Re: Super X1 release trigger worth ?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:44 pm 
Crown Grade

I've never seen a price for one but would probably pay about $300 for an Allem or Timney release.
winmod21

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:45 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

$300 sounds a bit steep to me based on the average selling price of Remington 1100 and Beretta 390/391 release triggers. The SX1 is not nearly as popular or plentiful as either of the other guns I mentioned, but that could be good or bad.... depending on whether you're trying to buy one or trying to sell one.

Personally, if the guy who has one is willing to part with it by selling to a friend, I'd think that $225 would be a reasonable price for one in good (but not new) condition. If the trigger appears to have seen considerable use, but still works good, then I'd think that $150 to $175 would be a reasonable price. Just my opinion (as a release trigger shooter).

Semi-Auto Classifieds is ONLY for Complete Semi-Auto shotguns.
Over/Under Classifieds is ONLY for Complete O/U shotguns.
Items other than a complete shotgun go in OTHER Classifieds.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:32 pm 
Presentation Grade

Thank to winmod21 and Ulysses. It looks to be in excellent condition. I'm going to see how much it cost for the conversion and make an offer from there.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:55 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I would estimate a cost of about $150 to convert your present pull trigger to release trigger. That's why it would be better to just buy the release trigger assembly outright if you can get it for $150 or $175. Heck, if it's in "excellent" condition as you say, then $225 to $250 would be reasonable.

Having the extra trigger assembly that you can change in just a minute or two is well worth it. Besides, if you decide later to sell one of the trigger assemblies, then you can get your money back on the sale and it won't cost you anything for the use of the trigger assembly.

Semi-Auto Classifieds is ONLY for Complete Semi-Auto shotguns.
Over/Under Classifieds is ONLY for Complete O/U shotguns.
Items other than a complete shotgun go in OTHER Classifieds.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:58 am 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

$250 or so--depends on who made it.