ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Winchester 12 Skeet 16 GA Rarity?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:57 pm 
Field Grade

pictures of initials as well as safety. I doubt any of the initials hurt value assuming the gun wasn't touched in the finish?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:06 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Dulite blueing, not Dulux. My mistake

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:07 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Cody won’t have anything most likely

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:44 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I bought a Model 12 16 skeet a few years ago, sawed off stock, original blue, was used as a hunting gun. I had a full restoration done, new stock, professional blued, looks better than new with great wood.
Matte rib, IC choke, great shooter that I have $1800 invested in. Will I sell it? Maybe. I might be upside down on it but for now I am happy banging away with it.
My serial #s are above “Skeet” so I don’t think this is a fake.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:32 pm 
Field Grade

That's alot of bread for a restoration. I'm sure it looks awesome though

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:00 pm 
Crown Grade

A local store that was owned by a gent who began in the business in 1959, had a M12 16 gauge skeet NIB complete with hang tags and had never been put together. (It belonged to the owner). The blue was of the "rust" variety and not as shiny, and the wood more matte and darker.

Note: The dreaded electropen craze of the 70's (I have a bunch of guns with social security numbers on them) leads me to think this might be ok. A forger would probably try to clean those up.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:59 am 
Crown Grade

Location: somewhere east of the I-95 corridor, until you get to connecticut. but you can bank on vanzant, mo..
if I remember correctly, the receiver and bbl extension were blued together, and then the bbl was attached later. the bbl was blued differently so the finishes are different and appear so at assembly.

NRA Shotgun Instructor
Range Owner:
http://www.vanzantclaypigeonfarm.webs.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:08 pm 
Field Grade

well I put her up for sale. Thanks everyone for the information/opinions/ and stories of yester-year. for those interested in following it and seeing more pictures heres the link:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/853280856

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:54 pm 
Field Grade

I have a 1940 model 12 16 gauge skeet, i do not know how rare they are suppose to be, but the last several weeks there have been about seven on gun broker, and guns int, price from 900.00 to 5,000 ?

Post subject: Winchester 12 Skeet 16 GA Rarity?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:53 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Beware of fakes. If it looks too good, then it probably is.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:25 pm 
Field Grade

I think at the end of the day that the fact all of the fellowship Winchesters were like this one and ame period plus the tips received here that this is the exception. All his reloading stuff I purchased was lapua brass, Redding dies and his home couldn't even pass as 'lived in'. I am excited to see if I get a bite at what I think is about 25% above book value based on premium condition.