ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Back to the skeet field after a long hiatus.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:21 pm 
Tournament Grade

Greetings All,
I hadn't broken any clays since August for a variety of reasons, but after a hunting buddy crapped out on me this morning for the last day of dove season here in Arizona, I figured I'd get to the base to reacquaint myself with the guys I usually shoot with. Brought two Model 12s (The 12 gauge S/R skeet, the 16 gauge field with the polychoke and slip-on pad) and the
S/R Model 42 full/field. Weather was very good with hardly any wind. Surprisingly, I had a very good morning with all three guns. I've had this happen before...being away from it for a while and doing really well the first time back. I think at least part of the reason is that I found myself slowing down at each station and making an effort to remember the basics, instead of just slapping the gun up to my cheek and calling for the bird without concentrating. I didn't push my luck, so I kept it to just three rounds. Anyway, it sure was more fun than the yardwork that I could have done instead.

Post subject: Re: Back to the skeet field after a long hiatus.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:15 pm 
Crown Grade

Less yardwork and more shooting; sounds a like formula for a happy life!