ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Model 12 20 Gauge S/R Field 28 Inch MOD.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:13 am 
Tournament Grade

Greetings,
I saw this on GunBroker a few weeks ago and because I like solid ribs I decided to bid on it. Late in the auction a bidding war ensued between myself and another potential buyer. I should have let it go, but....Anyway, being so deep into the damn thing, I figured I'd use it on a quail hunt and it worked perfectly. The following week I used it on a round of 5 stand with really dismal results. A crack in the wrist of the stock was noted that I hadn't seen and a buddy of mine is working on that, while I have a bid on eBay going for a replacement, if needed. I just miked the bore and it read .613/.606 which I think is within spec for a 20 gauge MOD choke, but any opinions on that would be welcome. Once I've got the stock issue settled, I'm thinking about putting a pad on it for some extra length. I might try New England Custom Gun Service (https://www.newenglandcustomgun.com/pro ... hp?cat=298) for that. The Imgur link for posting pictures keeps giving me error messages, so on the advice of Curly N, I'm trying Postimages. Hopefully the pictures will appear.

Imagesawmill restaurant menu

Post subject: Re: Model 12 20 Gauge S/R Field 28 Inch MOD.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:54 am 
Tournament Grade

Beautiful gun. I am a fan of the solid ribs too.

I've got one, but would like to add a few more. Looking for a 12 ga with FULL choke now to compliment my 12 ga with MOD choke.

I think I'll have to add a 20 ga at some point too.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:35 am 
Tournament Grade

A previous post of yours showed your interest in a gun for waterfowl. This is another to consider.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/883161293

The visible cosmetic wear seems honest and commensurate with use, so I'd be sure to ask the seller about the adjustment sleeve position, and if the gun's choke still measures to FULL specs.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:48 am 
Tournament Grade

map17 wrote:
A previous post of yours showed your interest in a gun for waterfowl. This is another to consider.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/883161293

The visible cosmetic wear seems honest and commensurate with use, so I'd be sure to ask the seller about the adjustment sleeve position, and if the gun's choke still measures to FULL specs.

Thanks for the link.

I wonder if that is the original butt stock as it does not have a recoil pad? I believe all HD came with a pad and shorter length of pull.

I can't decide if I want another model 12 or a super x 1 for duck duty.

I've seen some more SX1's pop up lately, and they are generally half the price of a model 12. Decisions, decisions.