ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Aanyone still making tune up kit items for the SX1?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:19 pm 
Tournament Grade

I know Wright's gunsmith is no longer open. At least by the elder Wright, maybe his son is doing some work somewhere?

Is there anywhere to the components of their tune up kit? I've got good buffers from a gentleman on Ebay. I'm more interested in the steel action spring follower?

I just got a new to me field gun that I put a new action spring in and I was able to flip the stock follower 180 degrees, but think it would be better as a steel part. I also replaced the buffer as well.

Post subject: Re: Aanyone still making tune up kit items for the SX1?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:17 pm 
Presentation Grade

There's a reason Winchester made the follower out of aluminum instead of steel. Aluminum is lighter and doesn't add extra weight (bolt & follower) the spring controls. Aluminum follower will wear before the steel bolt link does, bolt link cost more than the follower if the need for replacement. I spray the bolt link and follower with Hornandy OneShot and it cuts down on the wear.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:07 am 
Tournament Grade

Rack-N-Roy wrote:
There's a reason Winchester made the follower out of aluminum instead of steel. Aluminum is lighter and doesn't add extra weight (bolt & follower) the spring controls. Aluminum follower will wear before the steel bolt link does, bolt link cost more than the follower if the need for replacement. I spray the bolt link and follower with Hornandy OneShot and it cuts down on the wear.

Good point. I had not considered that. The aluminum one is not expensive. I'll probably just buy a few to have as spares on hand. My target gun already had a steel one installed when I bought it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:59 pm 
Tournament Grade

I was able to find a few parts that Nu-Line doesn't seem to carry at Jack First Gun Parts. I just ordered a few things from them.

https://jack-first-gun-parts.myshopify. ... gun?page=1