ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SX3 barrel lengths
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:07 pm 
Utility Grade

Looking for a used sx3. Will be used as all around shotgun, Doves, pheasant, clays, ducks etc. I have never handled one but from what I have read are a very good shotgun. I was wondering how the 26 vs the 28 inch barrel feels as far as balance. What barrel length is most preferred by you guys shooting them?

Post subject: Re: SX3 barrel lengths
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:54 pm 
Crown Grade

I have a 12 gauge Winchester Super-X Model 3.Mine is 3 inch with wood stock and forend.It has a 28 inch barrel,that works well for myself.The 28 inch was on the gun when I bought it.Would not of bothered me, if it would have had the 26 inch barrel.Doubt the 2 inch less barrel would make a great difference.Just my thoughts. :)

Post subject: SX3 barrel lengths
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:01 pm 
Presentation Grade

I’ve got a 12 ga, 3” version. Mine has synthetic stock and forearm and a 26” bbl. it balances well for me. I think the longer receiver makes it about the same OAL as my 28” pump guns. I can’t tell a difference in the way they swing. I love my SX3, it has been flawless and is a soft shooter with normal loads. Heavy turkey loads are noticeable as in any gun.

PS. All my guns shoot better than I do! LOL

Post subject: Re: SX3 barrel lengths
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:42 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I've got a 20ga SX3 with synthetic stock/forend and a 28" barrel, which balances and swings nicely. I don't think I'd like a 26" barrel as much, although I haven't had a chance to try one. If at all possible, try handling both before buying and see which feels best to you. Good luck, they are nice guns and I think you'll be happy either way.