ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Barrel dent
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:55 pm 
Utility Grade

This dent is it the top barrel of my 101. About 4-4.5” from the muzzle. Can it be removed or is it too close to the joint?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Barrel dent
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:02 pm 
Crown Grade

I don't know how I could give an opinion without seeing the barrel. Your picture does not suggest it can't be fixed. The gun is surely safe being small and that close to the muzzle but I would send it to Mike Orlen and ask him to evaluate and repair.

He is a pro and will be able to put your mind at ease. Good luck and if you do send it to him, I would like to know how it goes.

Post subject: Re: Barrel dent
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:24 pm 
Presentation Grade

That will be a tough one, the dent is close to the ribs between the barrels. I too would ship it off to Mike Orlen, and cross my fingers and toes.
If you send the barrel assembly only, it's not a firearm.