ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Eisenhower Model 42
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:07 pm 
Presentation Grade

I was working in my gun room today and saw something I had not seen before. I had taken every 42 out of the display case or gun cabinet they were in to put a price tag on all of them. That included the Eisenhower guns. One of them was Assembled and the other one was still in the leather gun case disassembled. I had laid the assembled one down on a flat area of one of my gun cabinet and was really surprised what I saw. There was a huge cast to the stock on one of the guns. It was so extreme it looked like it was warped. Now I had handled these guns before but had never noticed that at all. I got the other one out of the leather case and it was exactly the same way. So I take it these guns were hand fitted to the shooters. They never mentioned that in the Model 42 book when they described the guns.

Post subject: Re: Eisenhower Model 42
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:19 pm 
Crown Grade

Although not mentioned, since these were very custom guns the cast on the guns seems fitting to me. Did you measure the amount of cast it had Larry?