ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Super X-2?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:29 am 
Utility Grade

Hello all,

How do the older Super X2 shotguns compare in todays world? Good guns that will be softp-shooting and good for general use (trap/skeet and hunting)?

Post subject: Re: Super X-2?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:20 pm 
Diamond Grade

They are very nice guns little on the heavy side, cousins of the Browning gold

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:32 pm 
Limited Edition

Mine has been pretty flawless, they aren't super light (depending on the model) especially if they are a 3 1/2 12. I had a browning gold prior to the SX2 and they are pretty much identical inside but I have found the SX2 to be more reliable.

Daughter latched on to mine to shoot for both trap and field hunting. I prefer it over my SX3 but my Citori is my go to.

Make sure the recoil buffer is good and the spring in the stock is clean and they will run.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:49 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I've had two for several years now, a 3½" SX2 Universal camo for waterfowl hunting and a 3" SX2 Sporting for targets. I've shot them both quite a bit, especially the target gun, and they've been pretty much flawless. Failures to eject/feed have been few and far between, and no broken parts so far. They're a bit on the heavy side, but are soft shooting and easier to clean than most gas operated autoloaders. All in all, good guns.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:25 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Ditto all of the above. Best yet. I’ve seen plenty of them priced around $500

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith