ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1923 Black Diamond 32" Solid Rib Presentation Gun
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:08 pm 
Tournament Grade

All I just thought I'd share here too but it doesn't allow for higher definition photos so I will just send you guys to the Fox Boards.

http://forum.foxcollectors.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=10189&sid=8e2d884d978a29170ccbcdaf3709b06f

Be sure to look around over there and help support them by joining as members!

This one is heading to Ward's Collectibles May 2021 Auction.

Enjoy, Will

Post subject: Re: 1923 Black Diamond 32" Solid Rib Presentation Gun
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:14 am 
Tournament Grade

Fowlgunner: Have you seen the gun in person and do you know if its been redone? It looks good to me from the pictures. Thanks for posting!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:24 pm 
Tournament Grade

johnnyo wrote:
Fowlgunner: Have you seen the gun in person and do you know if its been redone? It looks good to me from the pictures. Thanks for posting!

JohnnyO,

I've owned this gun for over 10 years. I have had it examined by Tom Crosnoe and Dave Riffle at the Louisville show the first year I owned it and took it to the Grand American in Sparta and had Stu Wright look it over at his shop in Pinckenyville, IL.

All 3 agreed that the gun is 100% original special order oil finish English Walnut and bluing.

Stu examined the choke and confirmed it was untouched.

He also made the statement that it was the finest original Black Diamond he had ever seen.

Just thought I'd let this group know that it was becoming available, hope someone else can appreciate it as much as I have.

Will

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:53 pm 
Tournament Grade

Fowlgunner wrote:
johnnyo wrote:

JohnnyO,

I've owned this gun for over 10 years. I have had it examined by Tom Crosnoe and Dave Riffle at the Louisville show the first year I owned it and took it to the Grand American in Sparta and had Stu Wright look it over at his shop in Pinckenyville, IL.

All 3 agreed that the gun is 100% original special order oil finish English Walnut and bluing.

Stu examined the choke and confirmed it was untouched.

He also made the statement that it was the finest original Black Diamond he had ever seen.

Just thought I'd let this group know that it was becoming available, hope someone else can appreciate it as much as I have.

Will
It looks good to me also but sometimes internet pictures can be deceiving. The english walnut is definately special ordered and the 32" barrel is also. The oil finish was standard in that era. I had a Black Diamond stamped trap made in 1923 with a vent rib-30 inch barrel with a beautiful piece of feathercrotch walnut. I wish it would have had a pistol grip instead of a straight stock. A buddy of mine talked me out of this gun a couple of years ago. I had that gun for over 40 years and it was very close to the condition that your gun is in. The engraved black diamond guns of this era are in a different level and if you ever see one then you will know what Im talking about. All prewar guns are special in my opinion though!