ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SX-1 Pics
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:30 pm 
Limited Edition

Trying to post some pics of my recent SX-1...... can't seem to get the BB codes to come up on my Imgur page.....
I believe I have figured it out.... just for fun , I'll see if an image from work goes thru....

Post subject: Re: SX-1 Pics
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:12 pm 
Crown Grade

Nice SX1! Great guns. Shot mine at sporting today.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:17 pm 
Presentation Grade

Nice wood 8) Now I know why you were asking about wax, looks like someone took the original gloss finish down a bit. Have you shot the gun yet ?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:36 pm 
Limited Edition

Thanks for the compliments guys. Its a very low serial # gun , more than likely made the first day of production , before lunch. The wood is a little more shiny than these pics show. I have not shot the gun yet. When I first received it , it was completely disassembled , scrubbed clean , re oiled and reassembled. I replaced the buffer , the follower and the o ring. I'm just waiting for a nice day and some time away from the job to shoot it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:43 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Very nice gun! Enjoy it.

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:16 pm 
Tournament Grade

Nice early skeet gun. Make sure you clean the gas system every time you shoot the gun. It does not take an early gun long for the magazine tube to start rusting after the blueing is warn off. I like them a lot I have 15 of them.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:42 am 
Limited Edition

Good advice clayinstructor. I always completely clean every gun after shooting , especially the gas guns. I read about people upgrading to stainless mag tubes also. I wonder if anyone has experience with the Sure Cycle System from Midwest Gun Works ? This gun won't be shot much , but it definitely won't be in the back of the safe either. Everything inside the gun looked great , even the buffer , but I replaced it anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:09 am 
Tournament Grade

I absolutely love it! What is the diameter of the flange? Overall length? Construction material? Maximum DP? In what application will it be used?

The Super X Model-1 is pretty cool too!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:06 pm 
Limited Edition

That was a hastalloy tube bundle from a heat exchanger. The flange was around 51" if I remember correctly. The tubes were about 20 feet long . Hastalloy has a high nickel and chrome content and is very corrosive resistant. My guess is its going into something rather nasty. All in a days work..... I wasn't sure if it came thru with the rest of the pics....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:33 am 
Tournament Grade

Way cool!

Brings back a lot of memories... As I was on the Op's / Maintenance side, most of those memories were not good ones... :lol:

Thanks for sharing...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:01 pm 
Presentation Grade

1 eye,

Forget the Sure Cycle. It should be named no cycle.
The only action spring to use is the factory original or aftermarket springs made to the same specs.
DO NOT use HD aftermarket action springs as they cause malfunctions and major failures when they slam the bolt to battery with too much kinetic energy.

CT

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:52 pm 
Limited Edition

Super Exx... I'm a machinist by trade. We work on everything from pumps , turbines , compressors , gear boxes , any kind of valves , and pretty much anything that rotates. And we do outage support for nukes also. I've worked on stuff that'll fit in the palm of your hand and I've worked on stuff as big as a house. I've even touched a reactor vessel in a nuclear plant. Offline , of course. I enjoy it as its something different every day. You'd be surprised how that new extra finger comes in handy....lol....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:09 pm 
Limited Edition

Searun ,
I was just curious about the surecycle kit . I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them. I have seen other springs such as Wolff. I have a Benelli and a Win M50 and at one time considered buying one for them. But I have other guns for heavier loads. Most of the Wolff spring are stiffer for heavier stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:16 pm 
Presentation Grade

1 eye,

As I said, DO NOT use HD action springs.

CT

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:38 pm 
Field Grade

Beauty I love the matt finish on top of the receiver. I have one just like it. Amazing how fine the walnut is on the SX target guns.