ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Model 12 racking question
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:03 pm 
Utility Grade

This is my first post after joining today. I tried posting this same thing about 4 hours ago but it did'nt seem to post as I don't see it. In any case, I just got my first Model 12. I've not had an opportunity to fire it yet, but in function testing it, when I rack a dummy round in the chamber and pull the trigger, when I try to rack the slide handle back it won't rack back unless I first nudge/push the handle slightly forward and then it releases and racks back. Is this the normal characteristics of the racking process or could something be out of wack?

I would greatly appreciate any insight and opinions on this from any of you very experienced and knowledgeable Model 12 owners. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Model 12 racking question
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:07 pm 
Field Grade

That is totally normal and is the way the Model 12 was designed. The bolt stays locked until the slide handle moves forward slightly, which will occur during recoil when the gun is fired.

Post subject: Re: Model 12 racking question
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:09 pm 
Utility Grade

Thanks a bunch civil1977, that makes sense! Can't wait to start throwing some actual lead with this beauty!