ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SBE 2 double feeding
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:17 am 
Field Grade

Hey guys im having an issue with my somewhat new SBE 2.

In the last 2 weeks i've had 2 double feeds from my gun. I'll shoot and the shell ejects and then the last two shells feed. One will be out in the lever and about a half inch from the other one would be poking out of the magazine as well keeping the first one from feeding.

Its happened with a clean gun and with a dirty gun. The last time it malfunctioned, I cleaned it I pulled the plug and mag spring to clean it as well.

Any other ideas of what might be the issue?

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Post subject: Re: SBE 2 double feeding
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:35 pm 

make sure the trigger group is clean as that controls the timing of the gun. Also make sure the magazine stop in the receiver is clean and moving freely.

You can test it out by dry firing the gun with rounds in the magazine tube. Once you pull the trigger the first round in the magazine will be released.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:21 pm 
Diamond Grade

Make sure you are feeding the shells all the way into the tube also. mine will hold the shell in the tube but will not cycle properly if it is not pushed all the way in. I do this sometimes when I have gloves on.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:53 am 
Tournament Grade

This has happened to my son's SBE II this last and this weekend while duck hunting. Cleaned/ oiled everything this week but still happened yesterday. Didn't have trouble at all during recent dove shoots. Changed from hevi-metal to kent shells this morning. So far now problem today. Took it apart yesterday and looked at all parts involved and it released perfectly in that setting. Frustrated :(

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:04 pm 
Field Grade

Mine hasn't malfunctioned since I posted the topic.

I cleaned my mag tube and spring which was suprisingly dirty for how new the gun is. I also stretvhed my mag spring a bit.

Then after a tip from Worc I pulled my trigger group and sprayed it generously with CLP and blew as much as I could out. My trigger group was FILTHY.

Im guessing the carrier was binding or not moving as smooth with it being as dirty as it was. I also check my shell latch and spring to make it was clean as well.

So far, so good and ive been huntin alot...

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire