ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: M1/M2 mod
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:43 pm 
Presentation Grade

I bought a M2 barrel the other day and put it on an M1. The barrels fit the receiver perfectly but the forarm needs a bit of modifacation. There is a ring around the base of the M2 barrel that fits flush agaist the reciever. The ring wont fit in the forarm of an M1 but just needs a very small groove in the end of the forarm on the inside edge of the end that faces the reciever. I used a dremel tool with a small cutting wheel on it. Worked great and was easy to cut.
Just thought I would let you guys know how easy it was since barrels arent that easy to find. So you know that they will fit and can be modified easily. If you cant find an M1 barrel you have another option of an M2 barrel. Also talked to several gunsmiths and if you use an M2 barrel you can have it backbored to .733 or so and use optima plus choke tubes in it. Thats what I plan on doing. Gonna call the gun mule. Like a horse and a donkey make a mule. I'll have an M1 with a M2 barrel that uses berreta choke tubes. Mule or a colorfull name that I shouldnt put on this tread, havent made up my mind yet cause I may put one of the barrel stickers on it just for a conversation starter. The other name is the name they call those metal files that are flat on one side and round on the other. I dont think that would fly at the church shoot. :lol:

For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities-his eternal power and divine nature-have clearly been seen, being understood from what has been made , so that men are without excuse. Romans 1:20
Design demands a designer.

Post subject: Re: M1/M2 mod
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:00 pm 
Tournament Grade

Here's a good thread on it.
http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthr ... =m2+barrel