ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Everyone forgets about Stock Fitting
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 11:24 am 
Tournament Grade

I've read numerous posts here and elsewhere that compare the recoil of Benellis to Berettas or other gas guns. Everyone is an expert in this field. The one thing I never see brought up is the importance of good stock fitting on any shotgun. In my opinion this one area is THE most important part of shooting, whatever kind of shotgun you happen to own. In my case I cannot get a reasonably priced o/u that fits my frame worth darn. Since the stocks on these guns don't fit me, I keep getting slapped, kicked and beaten up even with light loads. But fortunately the semis have adjustment shims and stocks that are much closer to a good fit...something that can't be easily done with an o/u stock. No gun store I have ever visited (at least on the left coast) even mentions stock fit to their customers, let alone would know what to do to improve it. Consequently, many people are clueless in this area and are missing a lot of fun in their shooting because of a poor fitting stock. That's my 2 cents worth.
-Lazarus