ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SBE Recoil Reducers and other Extras
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 10:24 pm 
Utility Grade

I am happy to say that based on the advice here on this board I have taken the plunge and purchased a SBE in left hand.

The prevailing opinions for shooting 3 1/2" magnum turkey loads is to install a recoil reducer and a Simms Limbsaver recoil pad.

My question is what recoil reducer? Do most of you use the Benelli or do you prefer a different manufacturer or application (meaning a magazine cap reducer or both a stock and magazine cap reducer)?

What about turkey chokes and loads?

In general, how is your SBE decked out with aftermarket accessories?

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: SBE Recoil Reducers and other Extras
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 6:59 pm 
Tournament Grade

Benelli markets one that replaces the nut that holds the back stock to the receiver. I have one on both my SBE's and they make a big difference when shooting 3 1/2" loads. They run around $40. Watch Ebay or you can buy them directly from Tom Knapps web site.

http://www.tomknapp.net/content/home.html

As far as turkey loads I shoot Winchester Supreme high velocity 3 1/2" 2oz #5's through a Trulock .660 turkey tube.I have not had a chance to pattern the hevi shot turkey loads yet but have heard they are awsome :D

Tim

Post subject: Re: SBE Recoil Reducers and other Extras
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 5:53 pm 
Field Grade

I use the factory recoil reducer and the limb saver pad. The extra weight in the stock, as opposed to being farther towards the end of the gun, helps with a better balance for shouldering and swings I think. I use the same turkey loads as well but with the Kick's Gobblin Thunder .655 choke. I hope to soon buy the SRM Terror .675 choke for heavy shot and steel.