ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Choke Sizes?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 9:47 pm 
Field Grade

Since I'm looking for the best choke/load combo, AND I'm cheap and lazy. I was able to find the optimum size for Heavy Shot is 0.675, and then figured I'd compare that to my std issue Mod chock that came with my Nova 12g, no luck finding the size on their web site. Does anyone know the specification?

What about other combos, most of the birds (Turkey)will be with <40 yards and I don't mind taking a beating from 3 1/2's.

Post subject: Re: Choke Sizes?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:00 pm 
Tournament Grade

Benelli uses a tighter bore than most gun makers. it is usually close to .725 and a MOD choke should have .020 of constriction for any gun. Your MOD choke should be around .705 inside diameter. :)

Tim

Take a kid hunting today and pass the tradition on to tomorrow