ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Benelli Nova (no manual)
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 8:31 pm 
Utility Grade

I won a Benelli Nova at a Hunt Test. The only problem, it didn't come with a manual. I was told to buy a recoil unit and it would help with shooting bigger shells. I can't figure out how the pad comes off. Any help would be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Benelli Nova (no manual)
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 8:55 pm 
Limited Edition

http://www.benelli.it/ServizioClienti/U ... asp?Lan=EN

You should be able to get the user manual from that link. The thing they told you to buy for recoil is the Mercury Recoil Reducer.

--Robert A. Heinlein--

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 10:42 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The recoil pad has a ridge that snaps into an undercut in the stock...it's all very durable, so just grab the recoil pad and torque it toward either side of the stock. The pad will snap right out of the stock with just a bit of effort. Don't be shy, as you really can't hurt the pad or the stock. The first time you get it off, you'll go 'Jeez, that was easy'.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 12:12 am 
Limited Edition

I was looking at a SBE2 @ Bass Pro the other day and the recoil pad came off :D I couldn't believe how easy it was to get the thing off. Almost seemed too easy...

--Robert A. Heinlein--

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:54 am 
Tournament Grade

Yeah I had a hard time pulling the pad off at first. You'll wonder if you might be damaging it by pulling so hard, but don't worry, you just gotta really yank it out of there. It goes back on a lot easier than it comes off too.