ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: new benelli
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 8:26 pm 
Utility Grade

I just bought a new benelli with the advantage max 4 camo. This is my first shotgun and I am hoping to take some turkeys next year in missouri. It came with three chokes.

Post subject: Re: new benelli
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 4:16 am 
Tournament Grade

So which Benelli did you get ? Nova ? 24" ?

I would suggest getting a Primo's Jelly Head Turkey choke for turkey hunting.

bird

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 5:55 pm 
Utility Grade

I got the Nova

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 5:56 pm 
Utility Grade

26"

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 6:10 pm 
Field Grade

congrats on the best pump shotgun ever made! :D

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 6:20 pm 
Utility Grade

I am new to the whole gun scene and I was wondering how to remove my magazine limiter. It tells me how to do it in the manual but I don't really understand. It says to squeeze the retaining ring with needle nose pliers but I don't know what the retaining ring is. As you can see I am gun retarded. I took the cap off and removed the barrel as it said but i am stuck from there.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 7:20 pm 
Tournament Grade

After much research and decision making, I finally ordered a turkey choke for my new Nova today. I mentioned earlier about the Primos Jelly Head as I have heard some very good comments about this choke along with the Kicks, Rhino, Patternmaster, Comp-n-Choke and so on and on and on.
Well I ended up with getting a Trulock Precision Hunter .660 Ported. I based my decision purely on 2 days worth of research and gut feelings. I even called Trulock and was able to talk to the man in charge, George Trulock himself and he was very kind and patient. He answered all my questions for me and I feel that I made a very wise decision on going with his company. So much so that when his company comes out with some extended Waterfowl chokes for my Benelli M2, I will be possibly ordering a couple of them from him too. Hopefully this turns out to be a fantastic choke by all the research and reading that I had done. As I would love to continue to do more business with a company that takes the personal approach in making a customer happy.

As far as the retaining cap goes..... go to a hardware store or Walmart and purchase a Retaining Ring Plyer (small). Put the tips of the plyiers in the holes at the split in the cap which is inside the tube and squeeze gently together and remove slowly while covering your hand around the end of the tube to keep the spring that is inside the tube from flying from the gun. When you put the spring and cap back in, use the plyiers again being careful not to force the cap into the tube. Just take you time and watch you face and or eyes if the spring goes flying. Hope this helps

bird

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 7:28 pm 
Presentation Grade

I sure wish Benelli would just come out and say the new guns have back bored or over sized barrels. I just looked all over the Benelli site and it doesn't say anything, now I may be blind and it's right out in the open but I sure can't find it.

I wonder if they are avoiding it due to the fact they down played it for so many years?

If this thread hadn't developed who knows when or if I would have figured it out.