ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New SBE II Questions
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:49 am 
Field Grade

Okay, some of you should have now got your new SBE's and had a chance to shoot them. I am in the market for a new autoloader. I have always been a Remington man, but I am seriously looking at the SBE II. I really need to know if you are finding any issues with them.

I have seen the one thread about his jamming and that concerns me somewhat. I know there has to be someone out there that has good things to say about it.

I am mainly concerned about two things. One, does the Comfort-Tech stock really reduce the recoil. I guess those of you that have shot the old one and now the new one could answer that. Two, any problems with the new trigger guard and corresponding safety. I believe I saw a post about the safety being very stiff.

This gun will be used exclusively for deer hunting with buckshot. We hunt with dogs in NC and that is your choice of weapon when doing that. I will mainly be shooting 3" shells, but would like the option to move to 3.5" shells if the situation dictates.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject: Re: New SBE II Questions
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:43 am 
wufpack I can't answer the questons about SBE II, but I can talk about the difference between the MI Super 90, and the new M2. I from eastern NC e-mail for my phone no or your no. I can explain better on the phone than I can here. [email protected]

Post subject: Re: New SBE II Questions
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:08 pm 
My new SBE II is my second one and when it comes to kick I can't tell much difference between the old one and the SBE II with the confort tech stock . But I'm shooting 3 1/2 inch turkey loads and they do kick no matter what gun you use. The safety on the SBE II is very stiff and from what I've read it sounds like all the new Benelli models have the same problem not just the SBE II.