ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Benelli M2 - My review (I decided to go for it)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:03 am 
Field Grade

I have a 12 and 20 M2. Only problem, so far, has been the breakdown of the finish (sticky-flague) on my 20. Benelli is taking care of it. I would like to have a 21" barrel for my 12. If anyone has one to sale, let me know. I might be interested, if I can swing it. Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:59 am 
Limited Edition

I bought my 20 gauge as a field gun. But I would like to sometimes use it for sleet. The problem is it is still shooting too high. I changed the shims and added a slip-on recoil pad to extend the LOP. (I thought that if I placed my cheek farther back on the stock I would lower my POI, but so far it has not helped that much. I was told I could get a mini adjustable rib made for the gun, but that would be an additional expense. Any thoughts?

Randy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:13 pm 
Tournament Grade

I created a shell catcher for my Benelli Vinci. It is a modified Birchwood-Casey item. It works great. The wire portion is not removable - part of my modification disables that function. But it is attached with two-sided tape and it (entire catcher) is easily removable for hunting if desired.

After looking at the bolt/receiver of the M2 I see no reason why one couldn't be made to work for that too. It's just nasty to shoot trap next to someone who doesn't 'capture' their spent casings.

This link should take you to the post.

https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewto ... 1&t=451443

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:07 am 
Utility Grade

I had an M2 with a 21" barrel (I believe, maybe 22"?) that was Comfortech and had the vent rib. I shot it once and loved it. I was excited to get into 3 gun and use it... then I had my first kid. Amazing how much time the require!

I sold it for about what I paid for it and I hate that I did. It was a fine piece of work. I've been keeping my eye out for another one at a deal. Just got my second M1S90, so I don't feel too bad about it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6