Shotgunworld.com
https://www.shotgunworld.com:443/bbs/

828U Sporting
https://www.shotgunworld.com:443/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=485112
Page 1 of 4

Author:  Warren11050 [ Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:37 pm ]
Post subject:  828U Sporting

Hi everyone,

I see that the Benelli 828U Sport is on the homepage for Benelli USA. Has anyone seen it on the shelves yet? Anyone handle one yet?

Author:  danjin85 [ Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 828U Sporting

From what I have gathered, it seems like the 828U is a gun with quite a few issues. The trigger unit falls out, the rib becomes loose and rattles, and the bead comes loose as well. These issues seem to be fairly common and some times happen on the very first outing with the gun. I wonder if these issues have been addressed.

Author:  Warren11050 [ Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 828U Sporting

I would hope so. They've had a year or so to sort it out. I am hoping that the new units have had those issues addressed.

Author:  Dr Duk [ Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 828U Sporting

Warren11050 wrote:
I would hope so. They've had a year or so to sort it out. I am hoping that the new units have had those issues addressed.


Buy something else. Google reviews about it.

Author:  Warren11050 [ Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 828U Sporting

I am actually waiting on a Beretta A400 Multitarget (KO with 32" barrel). I went to the Beretta Gallery in NYC to get the full Beretta experience.

They were great on the visit. But as for acquiring the gun, they are driving me crazy. I didn't need it right away, but it's a mass produced gun, and we are on 2 weeks of waiting with them saying it will be here in a couple of days.

I asked yesterday (since I was told that it would be in later this week, as in Thursday) to let me know either way if it was in or not. I said it wasn't an issue, but needed to schedule my clients around a trip to Manhattan to pick it up. So, if it's not in, no big deal, just let me know, as I had to just know if it was in or not.

I didn't hear anything after that until today at 1:30 I called and they were a little surprised by me calling (really??). They said that they were waiting on UPS delivery and they think my gun should be in the shipment. I asked if they had a tracking number on it (it's 2019 for crying out loud). He said they asked for one and they said no (again, REALLY??).

I said "please let me know, as I have to plan a trip in. I am not a couple of blocks away. I just need to know if it came in or not. Either way is fine. I just need to know.

If they don't bother calling me, I am going to just call Able Ammo, and have one shipped to my local FFL, and forget about them.

It feels like a rolling delay for a flight you are trying to board, and the airline doesn't want to tell you what is really up. I am very disappointed with them. If they had just said they made a mistake and it will be in later, I'd be fine. But it feel like they are bull-sh$&*ing me and they are having trouble locating it.

Author:  Halwg [ Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 828U Sporting

What a price! And they raised the price big-time on the regular 828U as well!

https://www.benelliusa.com/828u-sport-shotgun

Author:  oyeme [ Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 828U Sporting

With the pricing on it and the other 828U models, I guess we can conclude that they are selling very well? If so, I am surprised because have not seen that many.

Author:  Dr Duk [ Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 828U Sporting

oyeme wrote:
With the pricing on it and the other 828U models, I guess we can conclude that they are selling very well? If so, I am surprised because have not seen that many.


No they aren’t!

Author:  mdgoose [ Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 828U Sporting

Dr Duk wrote:
oyeme wrote:
With the pricing on it and the other 828U models, I guess we can conclude that they are selling very well? If so, I am surprised because have not seen that many.


No they aren’t!




Actually yes they are!!

Author:  lossking [ Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 828U Sporting

mdgoose wrote:
Dr Duk wrote:
oyeme wrote:
With the pricing on it and the other 828U models, I guess we can conclude that they are selling very well? If so, I am surprised because have not seen that many.


No they aren’t!




Actually yes they are!!


I've got my doubts about that...

Author:  Warren11050 [ Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 828U Sporting

I have seen a grand total of 2 in 6 months, and I shoot every weekend. I have yet to see a sporting yet.

They look super cool, but who knows. The MSRP is high!

Author:  Dr Duk [ Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 828U Sporting

Jaquas had one for those that MUST have a Benelli O/U.

Author:  lossking [ Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 828U Sporting

Dr Duk wrote:
Jaquas had one for those that MUST have a Benelli O/U.


I've done some crazy things in my time, but I'm not quite that rash...

Author:  Dr Duk [ Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 828U Sporting

lossking wrote:
Dr Duk wrote:
Jaquas had one for those that MUST have a Benelli O/U.


I've done some crazy things in my time, but I'm not quite that rash...


You sir are NOT a true Benelli cool aid drinker! :lol:

Author:  lossking [ Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 828U Sporting

Dr Duk wrote:
lossking wrote:
Dr Duk wrote:
Jaquas had one for those that MUST have a Benelli O/U.


I've done some crazy things in my time, but I'm not quite that rash...


You sir are NOT a true Benelli cool aid drinker! :lol:


True dat!

Author:  Halwg [ Mon May 27, 2019 6:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 828U Sporting

My sister-in-law has the 828U in the nickel finish. It's a beautiful gun with really nice wood in the stock. I think the action is odd, and the gun absolutely does not fit me. I shot it at Nemacolin and not only couldn't I hit squat with it, it really pounded my shoulder. I was not a fan for the price they are charging.

Author:  mpolans [ Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 828U Sporting

For all those folks making their judgments (especially regarding recoil) based on their experience with the 828U, you realize that the 828U was designed as a light weight field gun and this 828 Sport has a steel receiver and is heavier, right? While I have questions about the lock up, the adjustable shims and weight systems make it look interesting. Still think it's priced a bit too high compared to well-known competitors.

Author:  Dr Duk [ Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 828U Sporting

mpolans wrote:
For all those folks making their judgments (especially regarding recoil) based on their experience with the 828U, you realize that the 828U was designed as a light weight field gun and this 828 Sport has a steel receiver and is heavier, right? While I have questions about the lock up, the adjustable shims and weight systems make it look interesting. Still think it's priced a bit too high compared to well-known competitors.


They put a sporting clays barrel on it therefore making it a clays gun! :roll:

Author:  gunner76 [ Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 828U Sporting

Dr Duk wrote:
mpolans wrote:
For all those folks making their judgments (especially regarding recoil) based on their experience with the 828U, you realize that the 828U was designed as a light weight field gun and this 828 Sport has a steel receiver and is heavier, right? While I have questions about the lock up, the adjustable shims and weight systems make it look interesting. Still think it's priced a bit too high compared to well-known competitors.


They put a sporting clays barrel on it therefore making it a clays gun! :roll:

You forgot the steel receiver that is says to hold up better and add weight. I handled a regular 828 and it shoulders really nice but I wouldn't take a chance on one with all the issues they have, especially when your can get a proven design for a lot less.

Author:  Dr Duk [ Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 828U Sporting

Dr Duk wrote:
mpolans wrote:
For all those folks making their judgments (especially regarding recoil) based on their experience with the 828U, you realize that the 828U was designed as a light weight field gun and this 828 Sport has a steel receiver and is heavier, right? While I have questions about the lock up, the adjustable shims and weight systems make it look interesting. Still think it's priced a bit too high compared to well-known competitors.


They put a sporting clays barrel on it therefore making it a clays gun! :roll:


I forgot the steel receiver, now it’s a REAL sporting clays gun! :roll:

Page 1 of 4 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/