ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Reversable safety?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:51 pm 
Utility Grade

does the Ethos have a reversable safety for a lefty?

Post subject: Re: Reversable safety?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:00 pm 
Tournament Grade

Yes. All Benelli autos have a reversible safety.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:01 pm 
Crown Grade

gunner76 wrote:
Yes. All Benelli autos have a reversible safety.

This is correct and I have an email from Benelli that states the same. However, I have tried diligently with the correct tools to reverse the safety on a SuperNova and had to give up. I just cannot figure out a way to get under the safety stem and push the plunger down enough to remove the safety. Very frustrating!

I have done this on other Beretta and Benellis semi autos but those had the detent that holds the safety in place on the side not directly below. I guess I will have to send to Benelli which seems like such a waste.

If anyone has any ideas I am open to listening. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:09 pm 
Crown Grade

Watch a YouTube video.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:35 pm 
Crown Grade

Halwg wrote:
Watch a YouTube video.

Thanks for the tip but I did just that. Only found one that showed what was necessary to reverse the safety. Even the guy in the video struggled with it quite a bit although obviously experienced. He was ultimately able to get the safety button free. I as of yet have not.

I won't be sending to Benelli either because they require the entire gun just to do the safety reversal. Does not make much sense to me but that is their rules. $25 for the work plus shipping to and back would be another $50-$70 or about $95 total. I will sweat through it and may be grinding/modifying an Allen wrench or a pick to see if I can do it with that.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:25 pm 
Crown Grade

With the help of a friend, and some specialized long handled small punches, we were able to get the safety reversed. It is not an easy job IMO. We knew exactly how to do it via a video but it is still very difficult to get underneath the safety stem and at same time push safety out. Done now.

So Benelli is correct the safety on the Supernova is reversible, but a real PITA for sure. The Benelli semi autos and Beretta Semi autos plus Remingtons have all been far easier because of the location of the plunger that rides in the grooves of the safety is located to the side on those not directly underneath.