ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Use Of A Ethos 12ga. Bolt Assembly In A Montefeltro 12ga.
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 1:24 pm 
Field Grade

I have an older Benelli Montefeltro 12 gauge that I like to use to shoot informal clays and to hunt doves. The only problem is that this shotgun is notorious for coming out of battery. I had read/heard that the Benelli Ethos 12ga. Bolt Assembly with the updated springed ball and detent will work in other Benelli 12 ga. 3-inch shotguns to prevent the out of battery issue.

So:

I called Benelli Customer Support. The man on the phone asked one of his gunsmiths about this and the gunsmith said it would work in other models.

Then I called Midwest Gun Works (a primary supplier of Benelli parts and service). The lady on the phone said that according to "Benelli" the Ethos Bolt Assembly can not be used in other models.

While the Ethos bolt assembly is expensive, if it works in a Montefeltro it will put a shotgun that is now useless back in operation.

I am kind of at a loss as what to do.

Any information is appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Use Of A Ethos 12ga. Bolt Assembly In A Montefeltro 12ga
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 1:47 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/60434

For $576, I'd buy a new gun, for even if it does work (get it in writing from Benelli if you go that route), you still have an old Montefeltro.

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 1:59 pm 
Field Grade

Randy:

Thanks for your reply and opinion. But my original question has not been answered.

Does anyone know for sure if the Ethos Bolt Assembly will work in the Montefeltro?

Who else can I contact to get a definitive answer to this question?

Again, any help is appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 2:04 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

A516 wrote:
Does anyone know for sure if the Ethos Bolt Assembly will work in the Montefeltro?

If Benelli can't convince you of it, God help us all.

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 2:55 pm 
Field Grade

Just found it interesting that while Benelli said it would work their main parts supplier to the public (Midwest Gun Works ) said "according to Benelli the Ethos bolt carrier will not work in other models". I guess I will order one and see if it works.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 8:14 am 
Field Grade

I have a 10 year old legacy and a new ethos and the bolt and barrels swap no problem, hope this helps.Steve!

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 9:51 am 
Field Grade

Thanks Steve. I really like the Montefeltro for dove hunting. The Ethos bolt will be ordered today.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:10 pm 
Utility Grade

An easy and inexpensive fix for the Montefeltro bolt falling out of battery is to replace the factory recoil spring with a Wolff 25% stronger recoil spring. Works on my 2019 Montefeltro that had the Benelli Clicks bad. Now closes the bolt with authority and you can bang the butt on the ground and it won’t come out of battery. Also, reduces felt recoil in my opinion. Bolt doesn’t slam back as hard and is cushioned by the stonger recoil spring. A $20 fix so its a win win win.