ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 12ga Ethos recoil pad compatibility with Sport 2 model?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:56 am 
Limited Edition

I have the 12 Ethos, want to set it up with reduced LOP, possibly the raised comb for my daughter. I did find an extra stock on Ebay, but I don't really want to cut the stock, go to the expense of the RL Progressive Comfort 350mm 13.75" kit, etc. The Stock without the Progressive Comfort unit measures 13.25". If I could find a compatible 1/2" thick pad, that might work.
So in the Benelli lineup, it looks like the Sport 2 takes a screw on pad. Most everything is the pop-in comfort-tech style. I tried both Beretta field and sport micro pads; too long or too short. I might be able to grind the Sport one to fit, if they are grindable.

any thoughts?

Post subject: Re: 12ga Ethos recoil pad compatibility with Sport 2 model?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:48 am 
Limited Edition

I messed with this same issue, the best I came up with is limbsaver 1/2” slip-on pad.
I have 2 Cole’s takeoff stocks...paid $50 ea on EBay as I recall. I also have 1 raised comb, if you’re interested. I think cutting the extra stock, fitting a pad would give a finished look, but beyond my skills to properly cut and fit a pad. I’m in De, btw, Milford. I have a Sport II 20ga. The pad is thin, not much recoil absorption, don’t know whether the 12 is shaped right, probably not.