All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Montrefeltro sale
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:57 pm 
Limited Edition

https://shopdunns.com/product-category/dunns-deals/

Post subject: Re: Montrefeltro sale
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:23 pm 
Tournament Grade

That's a really good price. I saw a new one with a black synthetic stuck on arms list for $850 and I thought that was good, this beats that.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:51 am 
Crown Grade

That is a heck of a deal!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:23 am 
Tournament Grade

That's a steel, I paid $850 six months ago for the shadow grass with a 26" barrel and that was the best deal I could find.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:00 am 
Presentation Grade

Wow!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:34 am 
Utility Grade

Heck of a deal. Very tempting.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:44 pm 
Utility Grade

I saw that a few weeks ago and took the plunge the next morning. I have had it for a couple of weeks but haven't shot it yet.
It doesn't have the new style stock with the recoil inserts and doesn't have a middle bead and the front sight is a dull red plastic which isn't very bright and is not going to be visible on really overcast days or early in the morning.
It also didn't come with any shims and came with the choke mentioned and an IC stock which was installed.
I order some shims for it this morning and got an email a few hours later that they had shipped. I got the one with the 28" barrel. They shipped it the day after I ordered it and my FFL had it about 4 days later.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:04 pm 
Tournament Grade

Fixing to buy my son a duck and goose gun for his 18th birthday. Planning to get a Winchester SX4. If I could convince him he doesn’t need 3.5” shells I would jump on this.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:56 pm 
Utility Grade

Safetyfast wrote:
Fixing to buy my son a duck and goose gun for his 18th birthday. Planning to get a Winchester SX4. If I could convince him he doesn’t need 3.5” shells I would jump on this.

"If" Arizona had any decent waterfowl I might have opted for something like a Stoeger 3500 but the Benelli stock fits me better then say a Beretta and when this popped up last month on a local website I bought it. I really wanted a nice wood stocked gun with a nice receiver since I only hunt dove and quail but decided to get this as I can use it for turkey too since the guns I looked at were at least double the price.
This will replace my early 50's Model 12 in the dove fields and I have a Franchi 28 gauge for when the 12g wears my shoulder out. If my buddys sons fingers hold up I may have to challenge his daily total of 100 doves this year. We have a daily limit of 15 Mourning or 10 Whitewings and 5 Mourning but unlimited on the bigger Collard Doves and hunt a dairy.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:10 pm 
Crown Grade

Good deal, indeed. I have 2 Montefeltros, 12 and 20 gauge, and I paid $850 each for them.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:55 pm 
Utility Grade

For those that have bought this shotgun, whats you thoughts? I have both the 12 and 20 with the wood stock and they fit me very well, but i am looking to start duck hunting this fall in the salt marshes and really don't want to bring my field guns. I've been scouring the internet for the last few days reading reviews and a lot of people seem to think its to light for duck and turkey loads.

I did stop and get a box of steel shot today and plan to shoot some backyard clays this weekend to see how it handles them, but just wanting to hear other owner opinions.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:54 am 
Diamond Grade

Prdatr wrote:
I saw that a few weeks ago and took the plunge the next morning. I have had it for a couple of weeks but haven't shot it yet.
It doesn't have the new style stock with the recoil inserts and doesn't have a middle bead and the front sight is a dull red plastic which isn't very bright and is not going to be visible on really overcast days or early in the morning.
It also didn't come with any shims and came with the choke mentioned and an IC stock which was installed.
I order some shims for it this morning and got an email a few hours later that they had shipped. I got the one with the 28" barrel. They shipped it the day after I ordered it and my FFL had it about 4 days later.

Any updates on your experience with this shotgun?

I ordered a 28" Shadow Grass version this morning. I couldn't resist that price. I also ordered the drop shim, cast shim and stock plate I needed from MGW for a few dollars less than Benelli is charging.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:45 pm 
Diamond Grade

desmobob wrote:
Prdatr wrote:

Any updates on your experience with this shotgun?

I ordered a 28" Shadow Grass version this morning. I couldn't resist that price. I also ordered the drop shim, cast shim and stock plate I needed from MGW for a few dollars less than Benelli is charging.

One thing I'm curious about is the stock on these Dunns guns. I usually need to add 1/2" or more to get a good LOP for me. Is that going to be a problem with this stock?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:29 pm 
Diamond Grade

desmobob wrote:
One thing I'm curious about is the stock on these Dunns guns. I usually need to add 1/2" or more to get a good LOP for me. Is that going to be a problem with this stock?

I have the gun, and adding LOP would be a challenge. Fortunately, it's not an issue as the gun seems to fit pretty well after installing a "D" drop shim and stock plate.

I just got home from test-firing the Montefeltro. I started with stout 1 1/8 oz. target loads, then tried 1 oz. target loads, then 7/8 oz. target loads. As with the Beretta Outlander I picked up in July, they all functioned perfectly through the Benelli.

I'm happy! I'll shoot a few rounds of skeet with it on Wednesday afternoon.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:50 pm 
Diamond Grade

desmobob wrote:
desmobob wrote:
I just got home from test-firing the Montefeltro. I started with stout 1 1/8 oz. target loads, then tried 1 oz. target loads, then 7/8 oz. target loads. As with the Beretta Outlander I picked up in July, they all functioned perfectly through the Benelli.

I'm happy! I'll shoot a few rounds of skeet with it on Wednesday afternoon.

As with my test-firing, I first shot a round of skeet with 1 1/8 oz. loads, then a round with 1 oz. loads, then with 7/8 oz. loads. All functioned 100%. So far, the new Montefeltro is 84-0 for functionality.

Up until this summer, I have owned only modern self-regulating gas-operated semi-auto shotguns. This summer, I picked up a long-recoil action gun (Franchi 48 AL) and the Benelli inertia action gun. I was concerned they might not be as flexible as far as cycling a wide range of loads. That has not been the case at all.

The real surprise and bonus is with maintenance... these guns run clean! I'm thinking it's probably fine to run a bore snake through them after shooting and then do a thorough cleaning at the end of the season. No black, sooty gas systems to deal with! 8)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:23 pm 
Tournament Grade

They are doing the 20 ga now.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:49 pm 
Diamond Grade

ks_waterfowler wrote:

...and it is one heck of a temptation!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:42 am 
Tournament Grade

desmobob wrote:
ks_waterfowler wrote:

...and it is one heck of a temptation!

Yeah the sucked me in.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:59 am 
Crown Grade

Benelli is putting quite the spin on the Monte. From the regular walnut stock, the silver, black plastic stock, camo plastic, Monte Sporting. They have it about totally covered. I own both a 12 and 20 gauge and they are a good, solid shotgun that shouldn't give you trouble for many thousands of rounds!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:14 pm 
Tournament Grade

Im a beretta semi auto guy, more specifically a Beretta 390 guy. I own one 390 20 and have been trying to add to it, but people are willing to pay way more than I am willing to so I will give the Montefeltro a try. Not sure I will like a light inertia driven gun for waterfowl and turkey.