ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Montrefeltro sale
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:29 pm 
Diamond Grade

ks_waterfowler wrote:
Im a beretta semi auto guy, more specifically a Beretta 390 guy. I own one 390 20 and have been trying to add to it, but people are willing to pay way more than I am willing to so I will give the Montefeltro a try. Not sure I will like a light inertia driven gun for waterfowl and turkey.

I have a 390 12ga and a 391 20ga. These had been my only semi-automatic shoguns for years. I am extremely happy with them and totally confident in their performance.

I bought one of the Montefeltro 12ga guns that Dunns had on sale this summer and immediately fell in love with it (although I haven't fired any heavy waterfowl loads through it yet... next week!). It functions with the same light skeet loads my Beretta will and has the big bonus of much easier maintenance with the lack of a gas system and its associated fouling.

The only potential negative I can see with the 12ga Montefeltro is increased felt recoil from its lighter weight vs. the 390. And, probably only with heavy loads. I don't notice any increase with target loads. The 20ga Monte, on the other hand, is very close i weight to the Beretta 391, so increased recoil shouldn't be an issue.

My budget is the only thing keeping me from ordering one of the 20ga. Montes.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:16 pm 
Tournament Grade

Is the only option for a sling attachment a replacement cap, or do they make the sling ring like the 390s I have. Internet search shows a bunch of replacement end caps but none even in the camo pattern the gun is in.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:49 pm 
Tournament Grade

Well not a fan. Its at the back of the gun safe now. May use as a turkey gun. Havent decided.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:00 pm 
Diamond Grade

ks_waterfowler wrote:
Well not a fan. Its at the back of the gun safe now. May use as a turkey gun. Havent decided.

I'm surprised. I'm a big 390 and 391 fan, but I also love the Montefeltro. What don't you like about it?

As far as the sling issue, the shotgun sling I used in the past fits with no need for sling swivels. It slips over the butt and has a loop that tightens around the barrel. It has no metal parts and fits easily in my pocket when I'm not using it. My newer shotguns all have swivels (except for the Montefeltro fore end) but I rarely use a sling.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:28 pm 
Tournament Grade

I got to experience the Benelli click my first time hunting with it. Pull up on a drake mallard and click. Ive never had a Beretta do that. I also struggle with the safety location. Shooting clays it wasnt too bad, but hunting I instinctively go to the location mine have always been. Id sell it but dont want to lose my a$$ on it, so may sit on it awhile.