ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Difference between monte and M2
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 7:31 pm 
Crown Grade

I like the raised rib for clays, that's why I have the 30" barrel for the 12 gauge, which makes it a "Sporting" and the flat rib 28" barrel that I use for hunting. But for some reason I shoot clays better with a raised rib gun.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:36 pm 
Tournament Grade

blisters wrote:
RandyWakeman wrote:
Law57 wrote:
Why don't they make the Montefeltro with a ComforTech stock? Is it the 'flat' rib?

You can try asking them.

But they do make a Montefeltro with the Comfortech stock! It’s been around for years and at least in Europe marketed as the Comfort (never with the Montefeltro name).

https://www.benelli.it/en/products/semi ... ro/comfort

Well they must have heard me griping...

It looks a lot like the European 'Comfort' model. Subtle differences. I'm really too old to be buying new shotguns. But I really want one. Isn't that all that matters?

This gun even has the exact same description that Randy quoted: "The Comfort shotgun is the result of the same Benelli research that led to the development of the patented Comfortech System This system has successfully met the needs of shooters seeking less weight and less recoil. Muzzle climb is 32% less than on our competitor’s models, meaning 34% faster re-aiming and 47% less peak recoil at the shooter’s shoulder without any increase in the gun’s overall weight." Randy calls BS... He asked if we believe that? Well - maybe we'll see.

New Ethos B.E.S.T

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:23 am 
Field Grade

RandyWakeman wrote:
Regardless of brand, it is self-explanatory, just look at the gun and the difference is obvious.

Above is a Retay Masai Mara. It has a two-piece receiver, the barrel and the top of the receiver are integral.

The Weatherby Element has a one piece receiver, as do these Girsan MC312's:

Where did the OP ask about Turkish guns?