ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: SV?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:27 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I'll add my $0.02 here. I've owned a Super Vinci since they first came out. I bought mine in early 2011. Its been in many a duck blind, and shot plenty of other birds as well, as well as a fair few clays.

I shoot a Citori Crossover now primarily for clays, but if I'm going on a hunting trip, the SV comes along invariably, and always has. I also have a SBEII (which usually goes as "backup") and honestly could go buy anything I wanted to replace the SV, but I just keep hunting it. It shoots everything that's ever been loaded in it, from light target loads to heavy goose loads - with one exception, mine does not like Kent Fasteel 3" shells for some reason, and it may just have been a bad box of shells...

Yes its ugly. But man does it break down easy. And because its ugly I don't care about scuffs and scrapes on it from heavy hunting use. Hunt all day in pouring rain, use it as a boat paddle, drop it in gumbo mud, I've done it all. Just take it apart, hose it out, oil it and reassemble in just a couple of minutes.

From a functional standpoint, I can recommend it without hesitation. The safety doesn't bother me, every gun I have has a slightly different safety and you just get used to it. At the end of the day, you don't buy any of these "plastic" (synthetic stock) guns for looks - you buy them for function. Benelli nailed that in my book. Not to say you won't get equally good service out of a competitor - in that price range there probably isn't a bad option - so if the SV feels good to you, I'd say buy it. I did.