ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What is a Benelli Super Black Eagle worth
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:13 am 
Utility Grade

I have an opportunity to purchase a barely used Benelli SBE, only had two boxes of shells through it. This one is Black, all choke tubes, choke tube wrench, shims and manual. This model doesn't have the stock with the Chevron and rubber cheek weld and came in a box, not sure if they were coming in hard case on this model. What the person is asking for it I feel is too much, he wants 1200.00, I have tried to Google to see what others had brought, but have not had any luck, any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Keith

Post subject: Re: What is a Benelli Super Black Eagle worth
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:59 am 
Crown Grade

Kmccord wrote:
I have an opportunity to purchase a barely used Benelli SBE, only had two boxes of shells through it. This one is Black, all choke tubes, choke tube wrench, shims and manual. This model doesn't have the stock with the Chevron and rubber cheek weld and came in a box, not sure if they were coming in hard case on this model. What the person is asking for it I feel is too much, he wants 1200.00, I have tried to Google to see what others had brought, but have not had any luck, any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Keith

I think the price is also too high!
Go to some gun auction sites to check selling prices!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:34 am 
Crown Grade

You could probably get more gun for the same money if you shop around. I have an SBE2 and I see them going on armslist for @ a grand.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:57 pm 
Field Grade

SBE American? That's a $900 gun, max - probably $800 really. I just sold a well used but good shape SBE2 with the comfort tech for $850.

Get the comfort tech. Worth it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:04 am 
Presentation Grade

I just sold my 7 year old SBE 2 Black synthetic 26" bbl for $900 cash. I would rate it at 90% condition & I had about 500 +/- rounds (Sporting Clays incl). I'd pay $1200 for a SBE like the one your looking at! FYI I paid $1350 New for this gun!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:56 am 
Diamond Grade

Depending upon the intended use, if you were diligent in a search and willing to take the time, for 1200 you could get one of the Fabarm Hunter series guns new. Unless you`re fixed on an inertia gun as opposed to gas. Got my Initial Hunter for a grand and really do like it.

Remington 870 Super Magnum Turkey
Remington V3 Walnut
Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:43 pm 
Utility Grade

$800 is top dollar for the gun. I have the same gun and figure it might bring $700-$750.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:49 pm 
Presentation Grade

sh*t on that. waaaay over priced. you can get a new M2 for $1400 and get the very good chevron style stock (most of the good, imo, is in the excellent recoil pad and not so much the chevrons).

Yes the m2 is a 3" gun but what on earth do you need 3.5" for?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:51 pm 
Presentation Grade

spaightlabs wrote:
SBE American? That's a $900 gun, max - probably $800 really. I just sold a well used but good shape SBE2 with the comfort tech for $850.

Get the comfort tech. Worth it.

Excellent point. If the gun is relatively new it may be the 'American' version (Benelli also did this with the M2...it was like $700 or $800 NEW).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:03 am 
Field Grade

That's more than I paid for a camo SBEII with the comfortech stock that was like new in box with all the chokes, paperwork, etc. Like others have said, shop around. If that's your budget there are plenty of guns out there in that price range - just don't get in a hurry.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:07 pm 
Field Grade

bsp212 wrote:
That's more than I paid for a camo SBEII with the comfortech stock that was like new in box with all the chokes, paperwork, etc. Like others have said, shop around. If that's your budget there are plenty of guns out there in that price range - just don't get in a hurry.

Amen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:31 pm 
Field Grade

If its an HK SBE in the condition you describe with a 28 or 26" barrel it's worth $1,000. Used ones with high round counts go for $850 in my part of WA. If it has a 24" barrel, maybe $700. Nobody likes to hunt next to the guy shooting the short gun. Ear ringing son of a gun they are.