ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Which Benelli shotgun should I buy
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:42 pm 
Utility Grade

I’m looking to buy a Benelli shotgun. I want a gun that I can use at the skeet range and one that I can take out waterfowl hunting shooting ducks and geese. I have looked into a couple of the guns but have yet to find one that fits. I would prefer a shotgun with wood instead of synthetic black or camo. Your opinion is greatly appreciated let me know what you think if you have experience with any of these guns tell me what you like and dislike the amount of recoil is a factor let me know what you think.

Post subject: Re: Which Benelli shotgun should I buy
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:19 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Welcome to Shotgunworld!!

I will recommend a Montefeltro just because I own one and like it. Put a Limbsaver AirTech recoil pad on it and shoot the heck out of it. You will not wear it out in your lifetime if you take care of it. Very low maintenance required.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:11 am 
Diamond Grade

Decide if you want elevated rib or flat rib. If you want wood and ducks look for an older M1 super 90 with wood and Matt bluing. That’s what I have and it’s been killing ducks and pheasants for 27 years or so since HK first imported them before most knew what a Benelli was. I second the Monte if skeet is on the plate as it will be more of a flat shooter. For fit remember these all have stock shims so you should be able to get any of them to fit you by changing the shim and recoil pad for length as needed.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:24 am 
Diamond Grade

I'm a long-time Beretta gas-operated semi-auto shooter (that's a lot of hyphens!). This spring, I bought my first Benelli, a Montefeltro. I had the same idea for usage: a little skeet and some waterfowl hunting.

I really enjoy that shotgun. I think if I had bought one a long time ago, I might not own any gas-operated semis today...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:02 am 
Crown Grade

Rquack32 wrote:
I’m looking to buy a Benelli shotgun. I want a gun that I can use at the skeet range and one that I can take out waterfowl hunting shooting ducks and geese. I have looked into a couple of the guns but have yet to find one that fits. I would prefer a shotgun with wood instead of synthetic black or camo. Your opinion is greatly appreciated let me know what you think if you have experience with any of these guns tell me what you like and dislike the amount of recoil is a factor let me know what you think.

This is the Beretta forum.
Post in the Benelli forum

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:11 pm 
Field Grade

A few years ago I bought a Benelli M2 in 20 gauge. That gun is a joy to shoot and light on recoil, so I decided to get the same M2 in 12 gauge. The guns are very similar, except the recoil from the M2 is pretty sharp - for that reason I ended up selling it. If you get the opportunity, I'd say try and shoot whatever gun you are interested in prior to purchase.

Waylan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:33 am 
Diamond Grade

Agree the 20ga M2 is a sweet spot for them. 12 is a little less pleasant on clays.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:04 am 
Tournament Grade

Benelli Sport II - I found one in great shape, used, and a good price. Great for clays and cycles everything I have put in it, even the low recoil <1145 fps.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:17 pm 
Presentation Grade

I hear things always "click" with new owners and Benelli shotguns

NSCA#620844
"regarde le putain d'oiseau"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:33 pm 
Crown Grade

gdub41 wrote:

I’ve heard that! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:26 pm 
Presentation Grade

Dr Duk wrote:
gdub41 wrote:

I’ve heard that! :lol:

I heard it personally.......in a duck boat with my father in law.

NSCA#620844

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:33 pm 
Crown Grade

Happens a lot with folks who don’t know how to work it properly.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:53 pm 
Diamond Grade

I use my Benelli for trap but only as a warm up for bird season, so 50-100 rounds in an afternoon 8-10 times a year. I’m not real sensitive to recoil so I may not be the one to ask but my over under will leave a bruise after 50 rounds, where the Montefeltro doesn’t at all. For skeet you’d probably never have the gun come out of battery but I suppose it could happen. Easy enough to watch for so that you don’t miss a bird because of it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:53 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I think you should get one of those carbon fiber O/U's.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:58 pm 
Presentation Grade

Bill M. wrote:
I think you should get one of those carbon fiber O/U's.

That's a big negative there sir

NSCA#620844

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:48 am 
Tournament Grade

I bought my first Benelli last month. Didnt experience the click shooting clays with it. Duck hunting and I pull up on a drake mallard and get the benelli click. Its now at the back of the gun safe. Ive never gotten a Beretta click.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:33 pm 
Diamond Grade

ks_waterfowler wrote:
I bought my first Benelli last month. Didnt experience the click shooting clays with it. Duck hunting and I pull up on a drake mallard and get the benelli click. Its now at the back of the gun safe. Ive never gotten a Beretta click.

The back of the safe. Never to see the light of day again or is it just having a time-out?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:16 pm 
Crown Grade

Helps to know how your gun works.....

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:15 pm 
Tournament Grade

EricB wrote:
ks_waterfowler wrote:

The back of the safe. Never to see the light of day again or is it just having a time-out?

May come out during turkey season or maybe a kid will want it sometime down the road. Went back to my Beretta 390. Id sell it but dont want to loose my a$$ on it resale.

I let it slam shut like people suggested and still got the click. Ive got people telling my to buy upgraded springs for my brand new $800 gun. Screw that.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:38 pm 
Diamond Grade

ks_waterfowler wrote:
EricB wrote:
ks_waterfowler wrote:

May come out during turkey season or maybe a kid will want it sometime down the road. Went back to my Beretta 390. Id sell it but dont want to loose my a$$ on it resale.

I let it slam shut like people suggested and still got the click. Ive got people telling my to buy upgraded springs for my brand new $800 gun. Screw that.

Sounds like yours has a problem of some sort. I don't even think about making sure the bolt slams home, etc., and I have never experienced "the click."