ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What Benelli shotgun should I buy
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:11 pm 
Utility Grade

I’m looking to buy a benelli shotgun I want a gun that I can use at the skeet range ejecting 2 3/4 sized shells and I want one that can sustain the power of duck hunting. I want a gun that I can use for both. Currently I use a gas operated shotgun but I want to switch over to inertia but I am worried that they won’t eject the club loads. The amount of kick is important to me because I am going to be shooting it a ton a my high school skeet tourneys so let me know what one you think I should buy.

Post subject: Re: What Benelli shotgun should I buy
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:34 pm 
Crown Grade

Rquack32 wrote:
I’m looking to buy a benelli shotgun I want a gun that I can use at the skeet range ejecting 2 3/4 sized shells and I want one that can sustain the power of duck hunting. I want a gun that I can use for both. Currently I use a gas operated shotgun but I want to switch over to inertia but I am worried that they won’t eject the club loads. The amount of kick is important to me because I am going to be shooting it a ton a my high school skeet tourneys so let me know what one you think I should buy.

All Benelli guns will have MORE felt recoil than a gas gun.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:11 pm 
Utility Grade

Yes I know they have more kick but I don’t want a ton of kick.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:02 pm 
Field Grade

Get a Beretta - they also own Benelli & Franchi - gas-operated gun. The newer A400 or used 390AL, 391AL will all do the "trick." You'll get less recoil but will have to do a better job cleaning the gas guns.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:06 pm 
Diamond Grade

What do you shoot at skeet now? The M2 has a higher rib that’s sloped so the gun shoots a bit higher so you’ll most likely have to float the target a bit at skeet. The Montefeltro has a low flat rib that’s a flat shooter. If you want a flat shooter the Monte is your horse.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:12 pm 
Utility Grade

I shoot a 20 gage Wetherby SA08 and i shoot around 17/25 is about what I average

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:23 pm 
Presentation Grade

i love benellis and have owned most of them. if you're gonna be a frequent skeeter i'd suggest you go gas.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:01 pm 
Crown Grade

birdhunter39 wrote:
i love benellis and have owned most of them. if you're gonna be a frequent skeeter i'd suggest you go gas.

This is as well as others like it are sound advice but it seems like your heart is set on a Benelli; so buy whatever fits you best. You should really notice the difference when going from a 20 gauge SA-20 to a Benelli.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:29 pm 
Tournament Grade

Benelli M2. I use mine for everything and have no issues. I had an A400 Beretta for around 9 months and could get comfortable with it so I went back to the Benelli. The Beretta had a little less recoil but the Benelli isn't that bad either. I reload my own shells and the two M2s we have in the house will cycle 100% with 1oz loads at 1200fps. I have run a few boxes of 3/4oz at 1300fps and they cycle those also.

My last M2 wouldn't cycle anything under 1oz and be 100% reliable but even the 1oz loads aren't that bad.

My current M2 shoots around 60/40 so I do float the bird a bit which is how I like to shoot.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:43 am 
Crown Grade

gunner76 wrote:
Benelli M2. I use mine for everything and have no issues. I had an A400 Beretta for around 9 months and could get comfortable with it so I went back to the Benelli. The Beretta had a little less recoil but the Benelli isn't that bad either. I reload my own shells and the two M2s we have in the house will cycle 100% with 1oz loads at 1200fps. I have run a few boxes of 3/4oz at 1300fps and they cycle those also.

My last M2 wouldn't cycle anything under 1oz and be 100% reliable but even the 1oz loads aren't that bad.

My current M2 shoots around 60/40 so I do float the bird a bit which is how I like to shoot.

M2 would be my suggestion also! I have a SBE2 that will happily shoot 1oz 1250fps loads all day. I have shot it on skeet and sc, but more on the dove field. I also have run 3.5” turkey loads through it with no problems. Since my designated turkey gun is my M2 20ga, the SBE2 doesn’t get much turkey hunting time. I am not particularly recoil sensitive, but I don’t notice a big difference in my Benelli and my Remington 1100.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:48 pm 
Tournament Grade

Just noticed you are shooting a 20ga. I had a 20ga M1 for awhile and it was a really soft shooting gun with Target loads, but I'm used to a 12ga so that was part of it. I sold it because I do all my hunting with non tox loads and I just like the extra payload the 12 offers.