ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Improving Benelli Supernova Trigger
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:11 pm 
Tournament Grade

Hi folks,

I use a Benelli Supernova pump action as my slug gun but the trigger isn't great.

Anyone succeeded in improving the trigger? (Lighter / crisper pull)?

Thanks in advance,

Scrummy

Post subject: Re: Improving Benelli Supernova Trigger
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:32 am 
Tournament Grade

Try a Google search for "Benelli Supernova trigger job" (or Nova) and see the posts that are out there.

What I plan to try on mine -- with the trigger group out -- and with a leather-faced block of hard wood as a tool is this:

--- Place the leather/wood so it will catch the falling hammer and absorb the impact.

--- Put pressure on the back of the hammer before/while pulling the trigger.

--- Pull the trigger 100 to 500 times while there's pressure applied to it.

That's an old trick usually used on revolvers (with snap caps) and it's often called a "Poor Man's Trigger Job". No, it's not as good as having a skilled gunsmith do a proper trigger job. But if the stock trigger has any burrs or poorly polished surfaces, it CAN help improve the feel and remove some drag or mushy feel.

I've done it on several older revolvers that weren't worth the cost for a trip to a gunsmith and have been pleased with the results -- usually much better, but not "awesome" -- and no damage has been done either.

If you or others do this, I will assume no risks or responsibility for the outcome. But that said, I'll try to post back here after I've done it (could be a few weeks -- too much going on).

Old No7

* Edited to add *

Just found this online:

"I did a "trigger job" on my Nova. Take good pics of the trigger group so you know where and what order all the parts go in. I simply stoned all contact and pivot areas, removed any unwanted flats and/or high spots and then highly polished the same areas. I made it a point to remove as little material as possible and just reduce friction. This dropped my trigger pull by about 1.5-2lbs. YMMV and any work you do is at your own risk....... This made it easy enough to switch to from my Salient M2 trigger when needed. I am no longer conscious of the trigger pull when shooting my Nova."

Post subject: Re: Improving Benelli Supernova Trigger
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:31 pm 
Tournament Grade

Hmmmm, I shall have a look on youtube at some how to dissassembly videos and decided if I am brave enough to try and take the trigger group apart...