ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Benelli M2 Feeding problem
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:50 pm 
Utility Grade

Just purchased a Benelli m2 field. My shells are almost getting stuck when putting them into the mag tube. I have tried both 2 3/4” shells and 3”, I am continuing to have problems with both. Once they are in the mag tube they will not feed into the loading port. Only way they come out of mag is when using the action release. Even then I would have to shoot, hit the sanction release and then pull the bolt back. Anyone have any ideas that might fix this issue?

Post subject: Re: Benelli M2 Feeding problem
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:46 am 
Crown Grade

duckgun1 wrote:
Just purchased a Benelli m2 field. My shells are almost getting stuck when putting them into the mag tube. I have tried both 2 3/4” shells and 3”, I am continuing to have problems with both. Once they are in the mag tube they will not feed into the loading port. Only way they come out of mag is when using the action release. Even then I would have to shoot, hit the sanction release and then pull the bolt back. Anyone have any ideas that might fix this issue?

Send it to Benelli.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:13 am 
Crown Grade

I have a walnut stocked M2 that I use for sporting clays. I had similar problems, which were corrected by changing out the carrier latch and spring. I know it sounds crazy but installing new ones cured the problems. Most people at Benelli feign ignorance but one person I spoke to attributed it to ignoring their warnings to always use 3 dram shells. Again, makes no sense to me but I have had no further problems since always using 3 dram shells.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:47 pm 
Tournament Grade

Maybe the US Benelli/et al conglomerate has changed its philosophy of customer service in the last few years. But when I had an issue with a new SuperSport, their idea of service was to send the gun to Italy. My suggestion is to get in touch with a good shotgun smith and pay for the repair. In my case I finally discovered that there was no simple problem to fix, it just didn't chamber reliably. Just one person's experience...

-Laz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:29 am 
Tournament Grade

Carrier latch is also my guess, and it is a common complaint amongst M2 owners. Taran tactical makes a special carrier latch that may be more reliable than the factory part. Too bad the factory won't speak up and help out its customers with known problems.

-L

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:58 am 
Utility Grade

About 10 years ago I bought an almost new left handed M2 that had the same problem. At the time I was using Federal Gold Metal hulls for my 7/8oz reloads. I finally measured the diameter of the rim of the base (the largest diameter) with a dial caliper and the Federals I was using consistently measured a few thousandth's larger than other brand shells I was using at the time. So if you haven't already, I would try some different ammunition and see if problem still exists. It's easy to assume (I did) all ammunition is the same but I and others have found there can be small variances that matter. Good luck!