ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: model difference
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:54 am 
Field Grade

Please forgive my ignorance, but what is the difference between a Benelli Sport II and a Benelli Montefeltro Sporting ? (both in 12 gauge, both wood stocks)

Other than the silver reciever vs the all blued reciever on the Monte.

Post subject: Re: model difference
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:54 am 
Field Grade

Over 140 views & no one knows ?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:55 am 
Field Grade

The Sport II is more or less a Super Sport or Cordoba with wood stocks. I believe it has a higher and wider rib than the Montefeltro. Also, it has a 2 piece receiver. Montefeltro has a flat rib, one piece receiver, and I think a wider and shorter fore end.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:08 pm 
Crown Grade

bsp212 wrote:
The Sport II is more or less a Super Sport or Cordoba with wood stocks. I believe it has a higher and wider rib than the Montefeltro. Also, it has a 2 piece receiver. Montefeltro has a flat rib, one piece receiver, and I think a wider and shorter fore end.

Not quite. The Montefeltro Sporting has the raised rib, same as the Sport II or SuperSport. The regular Montefeltro field gun has the flat rib. I have both.

The Monte does have a one piece receiver.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:37 am 
Field Grade

Halwg wrote:
bsp212 wrote:

Not quite. The Montefeltro Sporting has the raised rib, same as the Sport II or SuperSport. The regular Montefeltro field gun has the flat rib. I have both.

The Monte does have a one piece receiver.

I missed the "Sporting" in the OP about the Montefeltro. Speed read right over it and just assumed the OP was referring to the standard gun.