ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Benelli SuperSport
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:52 am 
Field Grade

Picked up a super clean Benelli SuperSport recently. Really like the way the gun looks and feels. However, when patterned at 21 yards, it shoots very high, and very left. I've tried all shim options and have the rib as flat as it can go with the "Z" shim.

Benelli doesn't sell fine tuning shims for drop or cast.... Brownings and Berettas pattern accurately for me, so I can't be the only one shooting high & left with this gun.

Has anyone else solved this issue with a custom solution? I'd like to hang onto this gun, but not if I can't "dial it in"

Post subject: Re: Benelli SuperSport
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:46 am 
Presentation Grade

To be clear you did try changing cast with the shims as well?

Ramp rib Benelli guns will shoot high vs a flat rib gun for a given sight picture (beads). That is to say the snowman is built in.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:36 am 
Field Grade

Yes, I've tried all the shims however, there's only one cast option (left or right). There are 4 drop options.

It's the cast I am trying to sort out.

Last edited by Berkshirebakery on Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:46 pm 
Presentation Grade

Can you stack the cast shims?

Do you have the correct handed recoil pad? The comfortech pads are shaped such that there is a right hand and left hand version (in addition to thickness differences).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:20 pm 
Field Grade

figured it out... can't be done past a certain point because the internal rod (the one that the stock slides over) bottoms out agains the ABS inside the stock.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:10 pm 
Crown Grade

Possibly why the previous owner sold it. Shooting high is OK for clays, shooting left is not. I would send the gun back to Benelli and let them sort it out.