ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Stuck choke tube ?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:39 pm 
Field Grade

Just got my new 21” 12g M2 barrel. I tried to remove the IC tube, and, it wouldn’t budge. I finally got it out with a t handle choke tube wrench. It was extremely tight for a bit, and, then it was easy to turn on out. As I was reinstalling it things went easy for a bit, and, Then got extremely tight again. Do you think it might be the threads, or, the seat diameter before the shoulder? The base of the choke appeared to be on the shoulder. It was this way with every choke I tried. Just wondering if anyone else had experienced this with a new barrel. As we speak, it’s on the way to Benelli. Thanks

Post subject: Re: Stuck choke tube ?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:25 pm 
Crown Grade

Try deep cleaning the choke and the barrel threads, then apply either some oil or grease (whatever the owner's manual says to use and see if that works; if not, call Benelli......you do NOT want to force and possibly crossthread something IF that is the issue.......

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:32 pm 
Field Grade

Already did that. It seems its the skirt before it hits the seat. The seat ring is barely visible. Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:20 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Threads need to be chased, in all likelihood. Should then be fine.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:51 am 
Field Grade

Update. They chased the the threads and ran a finish reamer to the choke seat. Said there was bit of metal removed. Initially used a dull reamer.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:58 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Good for you. As they say, all's well that ends well. :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:10 pm 
Field Grade

Shot the barrel today, a little high and left. Got a B spacer looking flat down the rib. The high I can adjust for, however, shooting left is a little more than I care for. I have the DX shim and it’s still not enough. Just wondering if a fatter front sight would lower poi, and, besides Kentucky windage, I don’t know what to do for shooting to the left. However I dont want adjustable sights. Any thoughts.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:27 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Try different shells. The POI might change.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:21 am 
Field Grade

Back to Benelli. After shooting a bit I noticed the choke was seized again when I tried to remove it to clean it. Extremely hard to loosen, and, tighten. I did notice after a bit it felt like the tube broke loose from the tightness and screwed our normally. Tried several different chokes. I’ve requested them to replace the barrel. I think it has something to do with the bore being drilled crooked.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:30 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Good luck, hope you get a new barrel from Benelli. Let us know how it works out.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:03 am 
Field Grade

lossking wrote:
Good luck, hope you get a new barrel from Benelli. Let us know how it works out.

Lossking, Sent PM