ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Chokes for performance shop SS
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:42 pm 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:46 am
Posts: 8190
Location: Colorado Springs, Co
Looking at the Briley website and the sell a separate choke for performance shop gun.
Does that mean that Benelli chokes that came with the gun no longer fit??




Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chokes for performance shop SS
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:07 pm 
Crown Grade

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:34 pm
Posts: 5139
What happens when you screw the chokes that came with the gun, into the gun?:-)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chokes for performance shop SS
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:30 pm 
Presentation Grade

Joined: Mon May 20, 2019 9:53 am
Posts: 923
It might be that they overbore that particular model.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chokes for performance shop SS
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:17 pm 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:46 am
Posts: 8190
Location: Colorado Springs, Co
Rooster booster wrote:
What happens when you screw the chokes that came with the gun, into the gun?:-)


Haven’t tried to.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chokes for performance shop SS
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:19 pm 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:46 am
Posts: 8190
Location: Colorado Springs, Co
birdhunter39 wrote:
It might be that they overbore that particular model.


It looks to be the case??
Briley shows the bore to be .733


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chokes for performance shop SS
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:48 pm 
Crown Grade

Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:11 am
Posts: 3625
Location: Western Tampa, FL
Dr Duk wrote:
birdhunter39 wrote:
It might be that they overbore that particular model.


It looks to be the case??
Briley shows the bore to be .733


That is not much overbore at all.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chokes for performance shop SS
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:13 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:25 pm
Posts: 8367
Location: Louisiana
Benellis have smallish bores. I think it's to increase pressure for operation of the inertia action. Probably increases recoil too.

Duk, the chokes that Benelli shipped with the gun should be correct for it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chokes for performance shop SS
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:29 am 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:46 am
Posts: 8190
Location: Colorado Springs, Co
lossking wrote:
Benellis have smallish bores. I think it's to increase pressure for operation of the inertia action. Probably increases recoil too.

Duk, the chokes that Benelli shipped with the gun should be correct for it.


Since I’m SO busy these days, I’ll try in the factory chokes. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chokes for performance shop SS
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:38 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:25 pm
Posts: 8367
Location: Louisiana
Dr Duk wrote:
lossking wrote:
Benellis have smallish bores. I think it's to increase pressure for operation of the inertia action. Probably increases recoil too.

Duk, the chokes that Benelli shipped with the gun should be correct for it.


Since I’m SO busy these days, I’ll try in the factory chokes. :wink:


When you find the time to do so :lol: , let us know if the chokes fit.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chokes for performance shop SS
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:27 am 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:46 am
Posts: 8190
Location: Colorado Springs, Co
lossking wrote:
Dr Duk wrote:
lossking wrote:
Benellis have smallish bores. I think it's to increase pressure for operation of the inertia action. Probably increases recoil too.

Duk, the chokes that Benelli shipped with the gun should be correct for it.


Since I’m SO busy these days, I’ll try in the factory chokes. :wink:


When you find the time to do so :lol: , let us know if the chokes fit.


They seem to fit OK.
We’re there several versions of the performance shop? Some with overbored barrels that require a special choke?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chokes for performance shop SS
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:29 am 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:46 am
Posts: 8190
Location: Colorado Springs, Co
:D Finally got to shoot the gun and shot it very well!
More recoil than my A-400s, but as long as I shoot it well, I’ll deal with it! :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chokes for performance shop SS
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:11 pm 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:46 am
Posts: 8190
Location: Colorado Springs, Co
Called Briley!
Yes, it is overbored to .733
Factory chokes fit but are now tighter than listed, ie an IC choke is now a Mod constriction.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chokes for performance shop SS
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:26 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:25 pm
Posts: 8367
Location: Louisiana
You mean that for the extra $750 (msrp), Benelli doesn't include properly constricted chokes with their overbored Performance Shop guns? That doesn't seem right. I'd guess that the chokes that come with the performance shop guns are also "overbored" with constrictions to match the overbored barrels.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chokes for performance shop SS
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:23 pm 
Crown Grade

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:34 pm
Posts: 5139
‘Finally got to shoot the gun, and shot it very well!’

That’s known as ‘the end’. SUAS!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chokes for performance shop SS
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:19 am 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:46 am
Posts: 8190
Location: Colorado Springs, Co
lossking wrote:
You mean that for the extra $750 (msrp), Benelli doesn't include properly constricted chokes with their overbored Performance Shop guns? That doesn't seem right. I'd guess that the chokes that come with the performance shop guns are also "overbored" with constrictions to match the overbored barrels.


Comes with 2 Briley chokes. LM and Sk.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chokes for performance shop SS
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:02 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:25 pm
Posts: 8367
Location: Louisiana
Dr Duk wrote:
lossking wrote:
You mean that for the extra $750 (msrp), Benelli doesn't include properly constricted chokes with their overbored Performance Shop guns? That doesn't seem right. I'd guess that the chokes that come with the performance shop guns are also "overbored" with constrictions to match the overbored barrels.


Comes with 2 Briley chokes. LM and Sk.


Two good constrictions for target shooting. Hope you enjoy the gun.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chokes for performance shop SS
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:03 am 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:46 am
Posts: 8190
Location: Colorado Springs, Co
Normally a Spectrum Sk choke is green, this one is red as is the LM.
I think so it is color coordinated with the bolt handle and mag cap???


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chokes for performance shop SS
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:17 am 
Crown Grade

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:34 pm
Posts: 5139
I think you are right.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chokes for performance shop SS
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:36 am 
Crown Grade

Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:11 am
Posts: 3625
Location: Western Tampa, FL
Dr Duk wrote:
Normally a Spectrum Sk choke is green, this one is red as is the LM.
I think so it is color coordinated with the bolt handle and mag cap???


Maybe you can get matching nail polish to complete the entire Benelli SS "ensemble". :roll: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chokes for performance shop SS
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:44 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:25 pm
Posts: 8367
Location: Louisiana
oyeme wrote:
Dr Duk wrote:
Normally a Spectrum Sk choke is green, this one is red as is the LM.
I think so it is color coordinated with the bolt handle and mag cap???


Maybe you can get matching nail polish to complete the entire Benelli SS "ensemble". :roll: :lol:


:lol: :lol:




Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Registered users: 1 Cor 2:9, 303smokepole, Basser2x, Bill M., Bing [Bot], birdhunter39, Blackdog56, Bobcat Welding, Budshot, bullseye-69, casonet, cbradford, clayflingythingy, cole1, colnz, Curly N, DblXX, dpe2002, DuckManEvs, eaglerjs, Ernest T, Garbi, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], gpenning, hehunts, ILLINOIS, ithacanut, JacksBack, Jason Johnson, Jaspo01, jcbabb, John Henry, JoM, kawaboy-zx11, Keperkey, krimmie, kyskeet, Mark Pfeifer, mikeydio, misterdom, nfa1eab, noweil, oneounceload, oyeme, Patently Obvious, PKW-Indiana, Raul Perez, Roninco, SanRemo32, scott12v, ScummyBadger, sekennedy, shacked, shotgun red 52, soupsandwich, Swolerbear, timps, took, vtec21, Wilfred1955, xsshooter, ysr_racer


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
© 2017 Carbon Media Group Outdoors    - DMCA Notice