ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Legacy vs. Montefeltro
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:53 pm 
Utility Grade

Hello guys. I have been on the search for a new shotgun for quite awhile now, and I think I have decided to try something new and go with a Benelli. I want a 12 gauge 28" barrel, with a nice wood stock finish. The Ethos looks awesome, just a little bit out of my price range. I was initially pretty set on getting a new Montefeltro, but then I started looking into used Legacy's. Just wanted to hear some input from you guys on what you think would be a better route to take. Has anyone shot both and has a comparison? How does the Legacy compare to the new Ethos? Any input would be appreciated!

Post subject: Re: Legacy vs. Montefeltro
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:37 am 
Field Grade

I have the legacy 12 gauge and the ethos 12 gauge had the legacy for 11 or 12 years the ethos for about a year.
They are both good guns and shoot well with no problems that I have experienced, a lot of people talk a lot about the benelli click but has never happened to me in either gun. I like the legacy better personal preference, I like the legacy aluminum trigger group better than the ethos composit trigger group and the metal blued upper receiver on the legacy, also like the rib on the legacy better.
I like the looks of the ethos better thats what made me buy it, But I still think the legacy is a better gun. personal feelings only. Steve!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:37 am 
Presentation Grade

Had both, prefer the Legacy for looks and ease of cleaning. Monte fit a little better but not by much.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:27 pm 
Crown Grade

Unless you are getting the Montefeltro Silver, the Legacy is a better looking gun.