ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ethos 20 Gauge
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 12:58 pm 
Utility Grade

Would like to hear about people’s thoughts and experiences that have used the 20g Ethos. Lots of controversy over it in the 12g which has been covered quite a bit but less out there on the 20g. I have a bad shoulder and am looking to invest in a 20g to use for quail and clays. Lots of controversy over Progressive Comfort and Randy clearly dislikes it but Benelli has now put it in their 828 and their Lupo rifle. Other reviewers and some members of SGW seem to love the Ethos and think the recoil is less with the Progressive Comfort. Would like to learn more about this gun in 20g.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Ethos 20 Gauge
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 4:33 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

JRR2255 wrote:
I have a bad shoulder and am looking to invest in a 20g to use for quail and clays.

Regardless of brand, if you want a soft-shooting gun, there is no getting away from more weight and gas operation. It isn't that recoil pads don't work, of course they do, with Limbsaver likely being the most effective.

The 11-87 20 gauge is the softest-shooting 20 gauge on the market. It is shoots like a dream, there just is no remarkable recoil.

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 6:03 pm 
Presentation Grade

not gonna be competitive with a gas gun for recoil assuming similar weights.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 6:27 pm 
Crown Grade

Beretta A-400 Xplor in 20 ga with KickOff is very soft on the shoulder.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 5:35 pm 
Utility Grade

My girlfriend bought a 20ga Ethos last year and she really likes it. It was easy to shoot and she didnt complain about recoil at all. Its it a soft shooter? I mostly shoot an old prewar superposed 12ga so it's kind of hard for me to judge. I will say I loved shooting it and seemed soft to me

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:31 pm 
Crown Grade

I have a 20 gauge Montefeltro with a 26" field barrel and a 28" Sporting barrel, from a SuperSport. When I use it for clay shooting, I have the 28" barrel, and the recoil is virtually nonexistent. It's a very easy gun to shoot, and I would think the Ethos would be as good, or better.

I really enjoy shooting a 20 gauge and I have far more 20's than I do 12's.