ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Benelli Performance Shop
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:11 am 
Field Grade

Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:01 pm
Posts: 70
I have never tried any of the Benelli Performance Shop models of shotguns, but own a SBE2, M2 20 ga and a Benelli Supersport 12 ga and have been pleased with each one. I was speaking with a gentleman who has the SS performance shop edition in 12 & 20 ga and he was saying how the upgrades are so worth it....anyway I noticed the weighted cap, bolt release etc etc and of course I looked up the rest. Does all the extras really make a difference, as my current Benellis run like tops and break clays, and knock down ducks & geese just fine. I'm not looking to sell anything and rush over and buy the performance shop models, just seeking some real world input.....




Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Benelli Performance Shop
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:19 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:02 am
Posts: 26539
Location: Plainfield, IL
Redsoilreaper wrote:
I was speaking with a gentleman who has the SS performance shop edition in 12 & 20 ga and he was saying how the upgrades are so worth it


Somebody must think a nearly $3000 plastic inertia gun is "worth it." https://www.benelliusa.com/shotguns/sup ... p-shotguns

It is ridiculous as far as I'm concerned. The base SS has a $2,199 MSRP. There is no way a plastic $2200 inertia gun should need any upgrade.

_________________
--Randy

http://randywakeman.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Benelli Performance Shop
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:09 pm 
Diamond Grade
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 7:19 pm
Posts: 1886
Location: Indian Head Country Wisconsin
If these features speak to you, you can add them after market for less $. Just work with Briley directly. Enlarged bolt release on clays or hunting would be nice. I find extended bolt handles to get in the way on hunting guns especially in a layout blind. Weighted cap is easy to buy and add if you want more weight forward. Chokes are chokes for the most part unless you get into turkey hunting where certain aftermarket ones are proven to pattern tighter in open class turkey shoots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Benelli Performance Shop
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:26 pm 
Crown Grade

Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:11 am
Posts: 4007
Location: Western Tampa, FL
Redsoilreaper wrote:
I have never tried any of the Benelli Performance Shop models of shotguns, but own a SBE2, M2 20 ga and a Benelli Supersport 12 ga and have been pleased with each one. I was speaking with a gentleman who has the SS performance shop edition in 12 & 20 ga and he was saying how the upgrades are so worth it....anyway I noticed the weighted cap, bolt release etc etc and of course I looked up the rest. Does all the extras really make a difference, as my current Benellis run like tops and break clays, and knock down ducks & geese just fine. I'm not looking to sell anything and rush over and buy the performance shop models, just seeking some real world input.....


Does it make a difference? It sure does to your wallet! :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Benelli Performance Shop
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:44 pm 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:46 am
Posts: 8334
Location: Colorado Springs, Co
Most important upgrade is the trigger job!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Benelli Performance Shop
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:19 pm 
Field Grade

Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:01 pm
Posts: 70
Thanks for the replies. Isn't marketing wonderful? Randy, I agree with you that a $2200 gun shouldn't need upgrades. I was wondering about the upgraded trigger,like Dr.Duk has mentioned, but I will state that I have no issues with any of mine. They all work when I need them too. I have in the past bought a Briley weighted cap for my A400 28 gauge and it was a nicer swing in my opinion.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Benelli Performance Shop
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:10 am 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:46 am
Posts: 8334
Location: Colorado Springs, Co
I have a SS Performance Shop Gun.
Bought it used.
I wouldn’t pay for it new as I don’t think it is worth it.
Used, absolutely!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Benelli Performance Shop
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:22 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:02 am
Posts: 26539
Location: Plainfield, IL
Redsoilreaper wrote:
Thanks for the replies. Isn't marketing wonderful? Randy, I agree with you that a $2200 gun shouldn't need upgrades. I was wondering about the upgraded trigger


What upgraded trigger is that?

_________________
--Randy

http://randywakeman.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Benelli Performance Shop
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:03 am 
Field Grade

Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:01 pm
Posts: 70
RandyWakeman wrote:
Redsoilreaper wrote:
Thanks for the replies. Isn't marketing wonderful? Randy, I agree with you that a $2200 gun shouldn't need upgrades. I was wondering about the upgraded trigger


What upgraded trigger is that?


My bad, i thought that they came with an upgraded trigger. I have no complaints with my SuperSport, or the SBE2 or the M2.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Benelli Performance Shop
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:14 pm 
Limited Edition

Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:26 pm
Posts: 332
RandyWakeman wrote:
Redsoilreaper wrote:
I was speaking with a gentleman who has the SS performance shop edition in 12 & 20 ga and he was saying how the upgrades are so worth it


Somebody must think a nearly $3000 plastic inertia gun is "worth it." https://www.benelliusa.com/shotguns/sup ... p-shotguns

It is ridiculous as far as I'm concerned. The base SS has a $2,199 MSRP. There is no way a plastic $2200 inertia gun should need any upgrade.

We all know you hate Benelli's so why don't you keep your opinions to yourself and go hang out in the Retay forum. Oh wait, they don't have one. And for the record, the weighted cap and oversized controls are upgrades that make the gun more user friendly. Some people dont' want that stuff so why should they be standard when it might cause a loss of a sale.

OP. If you really want to try a Performance shop SS and have the money, go for it because you only live once. Personally, I would just buy a standard SS and put the Briley parts on myself and save a few bucks, but I like to tinker with my guns. Some people don't like to tinker and that's why the Performance center exists, same with all other companies performances centers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Benelli Performance Shop
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:18 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:02 am
Posts: 26539
Location: Plainfield, IL
gunner76 wrote:
We all know you hate Benelli's


No one
knows that. Primarily because it isn't true and never has been. If you think I get emotional over man-made products, you're off a couple of bubbles.

_________________
--Randy

http://randywakeman.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Benelli Performance Shop
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:28 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:54 pm
Posts: 11147
Location: Kansas
Over the years Randy has repeatedly stated that an M2 is one of his favorite pheasant guns. So where does the “hate” come from? Bad reviews of guns that don’t shoot to point of aim? Well deserved in my book.

_________________
"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Benelli Performance Shop
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:04 pm 
Limited Edition

Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:26 pm
Posts: 332
casonet wrote:
Over the years Randy has repeatedly stated that an M2 is one of his favorite pheasant guns. So where does the “hate” come from? Bad reviews of guns that don’t shoot to point of aim? Well deserved in my book.

I guess I haven't been here as long as some but every time I see Randy post a comment in a Benelli thread it's negative, it's always they kick too much(it's an intertia gun)the wood is fake on the UL, those upgrades cost too much(might be but nobody is forcing you to buy the performance shop model). Besides, this isn't the Opinion forum it's the Benelli lovers forum. All he had to say was that it would be a better value to buy a standard SS and add the upgrades yourself. But instead he just flat out says that the Performance Shop SS is a waste of money because a $2000 gun shouldn't need and upgrade, well maybe some people dont' want to tinker and want a gun ready to go out of the box with the upgrades and are happy to pay the extra.

I agree that benelli has problems with the SBE3 and the 828 but the rest of their stuff is GTG.


Last edited by gunner76 on Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Benelli Performance Shop
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:05 pm 
Limited Edition

Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:26 pm
Posts: 332
RandyWakeman wrote:
gunner76 wrote:
We all know you hate Benelli's


No one
knows that. Primarily because it isn't true and never has been. If you think I get emotional over man-made products, you're off a couple of bubbles.

I've seen you get pretty defensive over negative comments on Retay shotguns so maybe I'm not the only one "off a couple bubbles"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Benelli Performance Shop
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:20 pm 
Crown Grade

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:34 pm
Posts: 5622
It’s always a one way street with him......:-)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Benelli Performance Shop
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:28 am 
Field Grade

Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 8:24 pm
Posts: 60
Rooster booster wrote:
It’s always a one way street with him......:-)


Must be all Retay now the Remington is going under. :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Benelli Performance Shop
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:01 am 
Diamond Grade

Joined: Mon May 20, 2019 9:53 am
Posts: 1215
gunner76 wrote:
RandyWakeman wrote:
gunner76 wrote:
We all know you hate Benelli's


No one
knows that. Primarily because it isn't true and never has been. If you think I get emotional over man-made products, you're off a couple of bubbles.

I've seen you get pretty defensive over negative comments on Retay shotguns so maybe I'm not the only one "off a couple bubbles"



Agree


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Benelli Performance Shop
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:07 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:02 am
Posts: 26539
Location: Plainfield, IL
casonet wrote:
Over the years Randy has repeatedly stated that an M2 is one of his favorite pheasant guns. So where does the “hate” come from? Bad reviews of guns that don’t shoot to point of aim? Well deserved in my book.


My M2's shoot to point of aim, as did three Vinci's, as does my SBE2, and several Franchi's. Someone really must be intentionally ignoring numerous reviews of these four models. The only 'bad' review would be one that isn't accurate. What they do is what they do.

_________________
--Randy

http://randywakeman.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Benelli Performance Shop
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:30 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:25 pm
Posts: 8803
Location: Louisiana
RandyWakeman wrote:
casonet wrote:
Over the years Randy has repeatedly stated that an M2 is one of his favorite pheasant guns. So where does the “hate” come from? Bad reviews of guns that don’t shoot to point of aim? Well deserved in my book.


My M2's shoot to point of aim, as did three Vinci's, as does my SBE2, and several Franchi's. Someone really must be intentionally ignoring numerous reviews of these four models. The only 'bad' review would be one that isn't accurate. What they do is what they do.


Doesn't sound like a man who hates Benellis...




Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Registered users: 1100comp, 58PERAZZI, albanygun, Auldthymer, Banshee, Barmaleykin, Basstar, Batjuice, big muddy, Bing [Bot], birdhunter39, birdshot8'S, Bladeswitcher, casonet, cclark31, Chris Ferres, cyphertext71, dewey4262, double20, elpato, EricB, Ernest T, federal, fredvon4, geometric, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, hopper810, HusqvarnaSweden, JacksBack, jaco1234, jimwhitecollection, John H, JRinTX, Keperkey, komatsu, leftex, lodiwooster, lossking, lt0026, mactownbob, Mainely October, Major146, Malcolm7, Maser, May, Mike McAlpine, mpolans, Mr_D, Mule Driver, oneounceload, oyeme, Parrot Stalker, PawleysJim, PNorris*, savageman101, SBBW, scottyhammond, sera, shacked, shootandfish2, shotgun red 52, Skewdog, SteveWilliams, The Rattler, Tidefanatic, tractman, Tron, ushoot2, Wheelspin, Woodson


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group    - DMCA Notice