ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Early Montefelfto Butt Pad Replacement
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:33 am 
Tournament Grade

I have an early Montefeltro gun...H & K, 12 ga, wood stocks.

I gave it to a son, who decided he needed longer LOP. Now wants to sell to his brother and needs to reverse his deed, which was sort of botched by someone who is not the best.

I have looked around and not found much.

Anyone have a pointer?

Am guessing this early gun is or was intended to be a prissy M1 Super 90 and is slick, like the M1 Super I had for a time and still think the M1 S-90 was Benelli's best, but since no longer have it cannot, say more, save it was the 2nd best shotgun I ever used...1950s Browning DAs being tops...for me.

Still need recoil/butt pad for this Montefeltro. If you have or have pointers. please note.

Post subject: Re: Early Montefelfto Butt Pad Replacement
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:00 pm 
Presentation Grade

Kick-eez or Pachmayr SC100 grind to fit. Both are available in several thicknesses and you can get either straight or pitch spacers to make it whatever you want.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:00 pm 
Tournament Grade

Thank-you far cycler...it's for wood-stocked H-K Monte. One of the early ones.

Do you go far on gas or electric bike? Am running a xootr with bafang geared front...to get up hill to home.

Was looking to get pre-sized pad, to avoid the sanding labor, etc. Think I might have found one, too, but spendy!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:17 am 
Limited Edition

If it was me I'd just get a grind to fit one. It's been my experience that most pads for wood stocks are not a perfect match when swapping between guns and will require a little grinding for a perfect fit.

It's not really that hard to fit a pad. A belt sander is ideal but I've done them with a handheld sander and had good results. Just go slow and test fit numerous times until you get the fit you desire.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:24 am 
Tournament Grade

I dig, and can do, certainly.

But, also know there are pads made-to-fit and likely will hold out...
Less work.
If just for me, might not care and could remove stock and then fit and refinish stock and foreend...but not for me, so am being a bit more relaxed about it.

One plus...I see and now recall gun is, basically, a Super 90 (classier HK M1 Super90) ... which are the best Benellis, to me.
And recall now why I bought for son...

If me, I would shorten bbl to 20, with Polychoke, but is not for me...before I used to shoot HK M1 with 26 before I went back to my DA Brownings.

Thanks...BTW, might have found made to fit Kickease pad.

Let you know.