ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Montefeltro with new chokes loosening
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:37 am 
Utility Grade

Anyone else had an issue with Briley extended Crio Plus tubes loosening up easily? I bought three extended tubes and they all come loose after about six shots. I was just hand tightening at first, but also tried tightening a little more with a wrench and they still come loose. Never had an issue with the original flush tubes. Never had this issue in any other shotgun either.

Post subject: Re: Montefeltro with new chokes loosening
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:01 am 
Crown Grade

It sounds counterintuitive, but try some greas

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:02 am 
Crown Grade

It sounds counterintuitive, but try some grease on the choke threads. Also, Teflon plumber’s tape can help.

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:42 am 
Crown Grade

This is almost a universal issue with CT equipped guns. Some loosen more than others. It is a rare gun with CTs that don't loosen some although after 6 shots seems very excessive to me. I have had two guns where the CTs did not loosen but a tiny amount. One was a Beretta SO with Briley Thin Wall tubes and the other is my V3 with factory Briley flush choke tubes.

My Tristar with after market Trulock PH series extended choke tube loosens easily and I have used the strip of Teflon tape as advised above to minimize/stop it. I suspect the very carefully fitted Teague choke tubes may not loosen but never had a set to verify.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:47 am 
Crown Grade

T-Brooks wrote:
Anyone else had an issue with Briley extended Crio Plus tubes loosening up easily? I bought three extended tubes and they all come loose after about six shots. I was just hand tightening at first, but also tried tightening a little more with a wrench and they still come loose. Never had an issue with the original flush tubes. Never had this issue in any other shotgun either.

Tighten a lot more with the wrench.
Loosen after shooting!