ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SBE 1/2 Parts Interchangeability?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:19 pm 
Utility Grade

Hey guys! This is my first post, and glad to be here!

I have an SBE1 and am thinking about making some changes/upgrades to it. It came as a 24" left hand setup but I'd be interested in converting to a right hand. I was curious as to the following:

1) This is more of a double check, but SBE2 barrels CAN (still) fit the SBE1, right? I think you either need to use the SBE2 forearm, or take a dremel to the SBE1 forearm if my google-fu was correct - can you confirm that either way?
2) Can the SBE2 forearm fit on an SBE1 barrel? I think I saw "yes" with my google-fu as well, but just wanted to check.
3) Do the trigger assemblies interchange? I.E. can I put an SBE1 trigger assembly into an SBE2 or vice versa? Not sure if I'd need to actually do this, just more of a curiosity.
4) Assuming the barrels are OK to interchange, is it safe to assume the bolts can swap as well?

Reason for my questioning is this is/was my very first gun and I'm quite fond of it. If I wasn't so eager to swap back to a right hand setup, I'd just leave it as is. I can find a decent deal on an SBE2 28" right hand non-Comfortech, and was trying to see if I could swap parts. Ideal situation is I can just swap the upper assembly from the SBE2 and maybe dremel the SBE1 forearm to give me the right hand setup with original SBE1 look (Crio barrel is a nice plus too). Then just toss the 24" lefty setup on the SBE2 receiver and keep it in the safe as a backup or sell it to recoup most of the cost of buying the SBE2.

Sorry if all this has been gone over before, I just haven't been able to find much. Thank you!

-Mike