ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Benelli SBE 3 B.E.S.T.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:29 pm 
Limited Edition

I have been waiting to pull the trigger on a new waterfowler gun for some time now. The gun that fit best and is my favorite is the SBE 3. My second choice is the Fabarm Waterfowler. Tex68W just mentioned that the BEST model corrected the problems on the original SBE 3 shooting high and left. I would strongly look at the gun, but I have issues with the whole suspected problem with the SBE 3. If Benelli fixed the "problem", why have they not recognized and admitted to the issue? Also, why have they not agreed to fix the guns with the original problems if they actually fixed the "issue"? If they don't recognize and admit to an issue, can you trust them to fix the problem? $2200 dollars is a lot to spend and then send it back to Benelli if there is an issue. Also, if there is an issue and not fixed, then you may want to sell it.

So, if you own the SBE 3 BEST, let us know why you think they fixed the issue and what did they do? Tex68W thinks they have. Tex68W and anyone else that has experience please share it. I still have it on my radar as a gun I want. I am not a Benelli hater. I own a 20 gauge Cordoba and really enjoy the gun. So glad I bought it and can tell you Benelli made a mistake dropping this from the line. I would not trade it for the M2 for nothing. There is definitely a different feel with that gun. The SBE 3 has similar in feel with the different sleeker forend. Would love to hear some thoughts. Be safe and enjoy the hunt

Woody

Post subject: Re: Benelli SBE 3 B.E.S.T.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:52 am 
Tournament Grade

You already know how I feel about it. My original SBE3 was a first run build from 2017. Apparently there were some alignment issues with the barrel lug ring. Whether or not Benelli wants to admit it, there were issues with those first guns as there were far too many people with guns shooting multiple feet high and over at 30 and 40 yards. I've heard the theories about stock flex and what not and while there may be some merit to that I have never seen that issue with any other Benelli with the Comfort Tech stocks that I have owned in the past (SBE2 and Super Vinci) or with my current SBE3.

My 2020 build SBE3 shoots as it should and so do the other 2019 and 2020 build SBE3's that my four other buddies are running. That leads me to believe that the issue has been resolved especially if I've owned two and no longer have the issue myself with the newer one. The BEST model is just a finish and a carbon fiber rib, everything else is the same as the standard SBE3, I am not suggesting that only the BEST version has the fix, it's not a product of that sub model is what I am getting at. My buddies with more recent build SBE3's are all running standard black or camo versions with no issues.

Some pics of my 2017 SBE3 in Optifade Timber.

Post subject: Re: Benelli SBE 3 B.E.S.T.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:10 pm 
Limited Edition

Tex68W

Thanks for chiming in. This past weekend I was up at a buddies farm for a shooting fest. Brought my Cordoba 20 gauge and still believe it is one of my favorite shotguns. It reminds me also of the feel of the SBE 3. I think now I may try to finalize my decision and am swinging back to the SBE 3. If my local dealer can get me a 2020 SBE 3, I think I may just have to buy it. Thanks for the reply.

Wood