ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Used M1 Police Trade
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:48 pm 
Field Grade

I just picked up a used M1 police trade in. Gun looks good but can’t really tell how much it has been shot.

Would it be prudent to replace the recoil spring and all the springs in the bolt group?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Used M1 Police Trade
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:34 am 
Limited Edition

Police gun trade...you can replace the springs if you want, but my guess...shotguns are shot the same amount as pistols as far as police trade-ins are concerned...not much. I wouldn't waste the money now, maybe later, but no need now.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:39 am 
Field Grade

Thanks. The dealer that I bought it from said they were not used much because they were not the preferred gun of the agency.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:15 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I've been using my Benelli Sport ll for sporting clays for the past 14 years and never had to replace a spring of any sort. I'm pretty sure your M2 has seen minimal use in the past, so I wouldn't worry about it. :-)