ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ultra Light stock question?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:04 pm 
Utility Grade

Anyone know if cutting the stock down on a 20 gauge Ultra Light to 12 1/2" LOP would cause any issues? I know the inertia tube runs within the stock so I was unsure how short you could go and have researched to exhaustion without finding a definitive answer.

Wanting a shotgun that has a very short overall length (24" barrel) as well as super lightweight. Montefeltro Compact comes in at 43.6" overall and 5.3lbs and is already sporting the 12 1/2" LOP. But the Ultra Light comes in at 5.2lbs with a 14 3/8" LOP and 45.6" overall. So if I could take 2" off the LOP (12 1/2" is what I prefer already) the gun would match the Monty overall length and I assume would be even lighter on the scales.

Any help would be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Ultra Light stock question?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:44 am 
Diamond Grade

Maybe take off the recoil pad and measure how far that spring tube is recessed from the butt. I would think that would answer your question.