ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SBE2 Classic
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:27 pm 
Utility Grade

I've noticed several places selling "new" SBE2s, albeit with standard (non ComforTech) stocks.

Are these new old stock that got pulled out of a warehouse somewhere, or did Benelli actually start building new SBE2s again?

Certainly an interesting development if they in fact are brand new. Several in my circle of friends have gone to some trouble to track down SBE2s to purchase instead of the newer SBE3s because of the reputation they have for shooting high. I wonder if the repetitional problems with the SBE3 caused enough of an issue that Benelli thought they had to bring back ole' reliable. Anyways, just speculating here, hopefully someone on this forum knows for sure.

Cheers,
Matt

Post subject: Re: SBE2 Classic
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:38 pm 
Tournament Grade

They might be the SBE2 American, I think those lacked the Comfortech stocks. No issues with any of the recent SBE3's that me and my buddies currently have but I did have POI issues with my 2017 build SBE3. I know of a local shop that still has a few of the 25th Anniversary SBE2's brand new in stock if anyone is interested.