ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Benelli M4 poor workmanship
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:55 pm 
Field Grade

Check em' before you buy em' fellas.

Purchased this gun on December 5th, and upon initial cleaning before my first range trip I discovered some bad machining marks inside the receiver.

Contacted Benelli via email on the 6th and had a return authorization and prepaid shipping label waiting for me on the 7th.

Shipped the gun out and it was received on the 9th. On Friday the 11th I receive notice that the gun had been repaired and was on its way back to me.

I received the returned gun today in the same condition it was sent, accompanied by a note stating "The cut lines in the receiver are normal for mass machined parts".

Considering I own two other M4's, as well as having now viewed several others failing to find these marks, I feel I can confidently state that it isn't normal.

Please note, these marks are deep enough to catch a fingernail, are uneven, and have no place on a new gun, much less one in this price range.

I have sent a follow up email to my initial service rep with the hopes that my complaint can be reviewed by someone higher up the chain, and included a quote of their own advertised warranty as seen below,

10-year Limited Warranty: Your new Benelli firearm is warranted for 10 years from date of purchase against any defect in materials or workmanship in the metal parts of your product (“10-year Warranty”).

I certainly understand things happen, particularly with the rush to produce guns to match the current demand, but the unwillingness to stand behind them and honor your own warranty is inexcusable in my own humble opinion.

As viewed through the bolt handle slit

As viewed with trigger housing removed

Post subject: Re: Benelli M4 poor workmanship
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:40 pm 
Limited Edition

That does look bad. I'd be upset also but I guess as long as it functions I'd probably live with it since it is inside.

I'm wondering if the tooling was getting dull and that's what caused the marks.

ETA. It's reassuring to see the quick turn around time. I'm getting ready to send my M2 off because the barrel extension came loose and was figuring I wouldn't get the gun back for a few months.

Post subject: Re: Benelli M4 poor workmanship
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:08 am 
Field Grade

gunner76 wrote:
That does look bad. I'd be upset also but I guess as long as it functions I'd probably live with it since it is inside.

I'm wondering if the tooling was getting dull and that's what caused the marks.

ETA. It's reassuring to see the quick turn around time. I'm getting ready to send my M2 off because the barrel extension came loose and was figuring I wouldn't get the gun back for a few months.

Unfortunately the only reason I got it back so quickly was because they failed to honor their warranty.

In other words they sent it back with a note basically saying it's normal.

I tried sighting in today and found the front sight base is canted which meant I had to move the front sight all the way to the right and the rear sight all the way to the left.

I contacted customer service and they sent me s label to send it back again.
I am hopeful the sighting issue is resolved, and hold out hope that they will step up and do the right thing by repairing or replacing my receiver.

I'll keep the thread updated for anyone might be reading.